When did you join our online community?

When did you join?   

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
6 hours ago, sjc said:
If you don't think Kinc has a guilded frame picture of HM Liz in his study and the Israeli flag flying in the garden of his Tory Bucks home, then I'm afraid the joke is on you!

I suspect he has those things, also I suspect that he is still winding us all up. I care not for either arse cheek, however the Dundee v Celtic thread is a Party Political Broadcast for strict liability. I like gannonball but he is having a 'mare in there.

All because some GB numpty had his tricolour confiscated!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joined in 2013.
1 warning point from Thundercunty.
I joined when reading up about Giovanni Di Stefano getting the jail and [mention=12506]Bigmouth Strikes Again[/mention] put up a pic of GDS raising a glass at Dens.
Pished myself laughing and then got hooked.
Got lots of help and advice from fellow posters through my illness, losing my job and moving home.
Special thanks to 
[mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention]
[mention=72351]Brother Blades[/mention]
[mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention]

You are welcome JD. Has the help and advice been put to use and case closed now?

I’m attending a conference about new regs, legislation and liability etc in Glasgow next Thursday so might have some new dynamite for you to chuck at them if you need it.

Guest Moomintroll
All because some GB numpty had his tricolour confiscated!
Stop calling the Olive drab Brigade, GB, the contradiction in terms makes my wee brain all hurty.

Joined Nov 2013, as had pissed off to the States earlier that year and saw it as a decent way of keeping up with fitba/general things in Scotland. Can't remember whether I'd lurked prior and read it, or only after I joined, but the Leigh Griffiths blog was a big factor. Still got my letter from Jocky for preordering the book. Annoyingly it's not inside the book so I can't take a pic of it to make this post nice, but I'll edit once I find it.

Joined 2010 amidst the Griffith blog and Dundee crapping away the then 1st Division title
Met a few in real life, knew skidders before I joined
Mostly read items than join in as I have f**k all of value to add.
Had an alias account for 2 hours before it was banned. Was a piss take of a certain puddle drinker if you are wondering and I assume it was emptied as he was that day

Joined here in 2013, probably because I was pissed off at .net and the threats of legal action against me!!

More of a lurker than poster, however I am very good friends with Stellaboz and a certain sex pram inventor. (Have known them for years before PnB)

Can't remember when I joined to be honest!! I've had a few different usernames, shall we say. I know one or two posters personally, and met a few (most of them are sound)

It seems quite a lot of people have met specifically through P&B, and also identified fellow posters whilst going about their everyday life.  How long does one wait after an introduction to a complete stranger before uttering the immortal line, "do you Pie and Bovril?"

Apart from the fellow queens posters, the only other I know is @gannonball who I worked with for a good few years.   Without either actually being aware that the other spent many working hours trawling this site, a random post on here about a mutual colleague who owned a bar in Thailand was the joining of the dots as to who he was.

Also met one of the Morton fans at party back at a mates flat many years ago in Glasgow, but for the life of me can't remember who it was.  He had GMFC tattooed on his calf if that helps any.

ETA.  I know where @Bairnardoworks, lives and his real name, despite having never met him.

It seems quite a lot of people have met specifically through P&B, and also identified fellow posters whilst going about there everyday life.  How long does one wait after an introduction to a complete stranger before uttering the immortal line, "do you Pie and Bovril?"
Apart from the fellow queens posters, the only other I know is [mention=30234]gannonball[/mention] who I worked with for a good few years.   Without actually being aware the that other spent many working hours trawling this site, a random post on here about a mutual colleague who owned a bar in Thailand was the joining of the dots as to who he was.
Also met one of the Morton fans at party back at a mates flat, in Glasgow one night, but for the life of me can't remember who it was.  He had GMFC tattooed on his calf if that helps any.

Your good self is a good example of the type of encounter P&B facilitates....

I know where you work, you know where I live and did me a huge kindness, despite having never met.

Long may it continue.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

This site isn't actually banned on the work's internet filter which is a good thing and allows me to skive take my statutory work break. 

As I've mentioned before P&B once earned me a trip to see HR when the Cock Racing thread triggered some sort of IT alarm.

Joined in 2013.
1 warning point from Thundercunty.
I joined when reading up about Giovanni Di Stefano getting the jail and [mention=12506]Bigmouth Strikes Again[/mention] put up a pic of GDS raising a glass at Dens.
Pished myself laughing and then got hooked.
Got lots of help and advice from fellow posters through my illness, losing my job and moving home.
Special thanks to 
[mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention]
[mention=72351]Brother Blades[/mention]
[mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention]

Glad the work situation sorted itself out.
As far as I know, I only know one poster personally- there must be more, but how do you bring that up in conversation?
I think when the site had fewer members, it would have been easier to turn up for things like the Subcrawl, not sure how that would work out now, although I’m sure most people on here are really sound c***s.

Joined 2014 and am just coming up for my 5 year anniversary. (The 5 Year gift is 'wood' so don't bother getting me anything.)
I used to read the 'One F in Falkirk' forum and noticed the posters regularly slagging off P&B. Decided to come and see what the fuss was all about and the rest is history.

Surely on P&B it’s “wid” for 5 years?

I joined in May 2011 when I would've been 13 (:lol:) mainly because I knew nobody with an interest in lower league football, and just wanted to ramble about it with strangers who were considerably older than me.

That's basically the same reason I'm still here today.

Ross Forbes is obviously my second username, but I'm thinking I might keep it tbh. 

Archived