Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

On 26/04/2019 at 06:24, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

A summer swap I hear. Van Dijk  for McGinty plus cash our way.

Big McGinty got Man of the Match.  I'm sitting here in Hospitality drinking Thistles beer waiting on the big man getting a sugar lump then led through the doors like a winner at Cheltenham. 

Better side won for sure. Some of ayrs linkup play was very good. Only thanks to sneddon we still had something to chase last 20 but created her haw despite them inviting us on. Dont think you could point to a single outfield player that gets more than 5/10 today, all absolute shite.

How on earth Gary Harkins is starting games il never know.

5 minutes ago, chilly jag said:

Didn’t see the game, only listened to open all mics. How did thistle play?

Decent 1st half, should have taken more of our chances, Storey was effective until he actually had the ball and wasted numerous chances. 

Ayr controlled the 2nd half. I felt their 1st goal was nice as it was lots of 1-2 touch stuff take the piss type of build up. Their 2nd came from a punt up the park and Andersons lack of pace was badly exposed and gave away a terrible corner and Ayr scored from it. Anderson had a poor game in general tbh.

We were very passive up front and pedestrian side to side play, so we at least we got some fresh air i guess..

Simon Storey is a fucking disgrace, utterly hopeless. I could be a nuisance up front but I cant play for f**k all either, he should be nowhere near the team. Terrible like up from Caldwell, terrible performance from every player, terrible subs, terrible fucking everything. Anderson was an absolute joke today as well, Harkins a waste of a jersey and  laughable for the goal. Spittal and Bannigan hiding all game. Christ on a bike. If we wind up in the play offs we're down. Thankfully it shouldn't come to that, even with these utter shitebags.

quite a good bit of play for our first goal, started by smiles 4 miles of all people. the Ayr equaliser was a good move from them but very frustrating we weren't able to get a convincing toe in, clearance or block from any of their passes in the build up.

that second ayr goal was just a catastrofuck from start to finish - thought the keeper could have come for it, didn't. fine, cool, Ando is back there, he'll hoof it out for a throw... nope lol shanked passback out for a corner.

harkins (who was dire throughout, and along with Storey probably needs to pack it in as a full-time footballer at this level) switches off and ayr grab a second.

storey when he got that absolute gift to him in a great area - can he slip someone else through? can he do a bit of footwork to get a good shooting opportunity? or will he do neither and waste a great chance to make something happen?

Spoiler

see my fucking current profile .gif for a good clue as to what happened next.

Ayr firmly deserved the win tbh.

Disgraceful stuff. Pass marks for Sneddon and McGinty only. Everyone else dreadful. Totally pedestrian and lethargic performances all over the park. Special mention for Storey, Harkins and Anderson for being especially bad [emoji24][emoji24]

Went without any expectations and was pleasantly surprised to enjoy a pretty entertaining game.  Some comedy defending from both sides,  the chance to mock a  poor Harkins without it biting us on the arse like that day at QotS , a pretty open game and  we've discovered a new addition to our first team in young Luke McGowan who was terrific all afternoon  and deserved his standing ovation when he was finally pulled. 

Bonus for a top curry at Mother India before the game and being charged for only one hot drink - to be honest £2 a pop would have been daylight robbery anyway so not feeling guilty about not saying anything.  

15 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Went without any expectations and was pleasantly surprised to enjoy a pretty entertaining game.  Some comedy defending from both sides,  the chance to mock a  poor Harkins without it biting us on the arse like that day at QotS , a pretty open game and  we've discovered a new addition to our first team in young Luke McGowan who was terrific all afternoon  and deserved his standing ovation when he was finally pulled. 

Bonus for a top curry at Mother India before the game and being charged for only one hot drink - to be honest £2 a pop would have been daylight robbery anyway so not feeling guilty about not saying anything.  

^^^ reported :angel

40 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Simon Storey is a fucking disgrace, utterly hopeless. I could be a nuisance up front but I cant play for f**k all either, he should be nowhere near the team. Terrible like up from Caldwell, terrible performance from every player, terrible subs, terrible fucking everything. Anderson was an absolute joke today as well, Harkins a waste of a jersey and  laughable for the goal. Spittal and Bannigan hiding all game. Christ on a bike. If we wind up in the play offs we're down. Thankfully it shouldn't come to that, even with these utter shitebags.

I'm sure he was a defender? Still agree with most of that bub x

10 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm sure he was a defender? Still agree with most of that bub x

yeah, Aussie centre back (who I think played for us under McCall, too)

Fairly "meh" player from an era when most things were "meh" rather than outright terrible or terrifying. I miss that.

First thing that came to mind was that he had one of those ancient youtube highlight packages blatantly self-made by players who were trying to get a better move elsewhere.

Like how with one good result/performance McCall is for completely dismissing everything that's led up to it in his interview with his "doom and gloom..." speech. He looks a lot more chipper anyway.

Don't know what was going on in the Partick programme, some character assassination and team hit piece by the sound of it. Odd choice.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Like how with one good result/performance McCall is for completely dismissing everything that's led up to it in his interview with his "doom and gloom..." speech. He looks a lot more chipper anyway.

Don't know what was going on in the Partick programme, some character assassination and team hit piece by the sound of it. Odd choice.

Heard McCall was grumbling about the programme.  What was said?

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't ever buy/read our programme, so not sure if that's the kind of content in it every week. but I'd hope we're not giving the opposition that kind of ammunition to motivate themselves every week.

1 minute ago, Mgc1910 said:

Basically a bunch of stats about Ayr's poor form in 2019, your winless run, etc etc.

Arrogant and stupid from whatever diddy we employ to write the thing.

Loads off wee facts about us being shite like if we lost today it would be the first time we’ve lost 4 consecutive league games since 2014 or we’ve got the lowest GD and wins in 2019 out of all the Championship teams.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Loads off wee facts about us being shite like if we lost today it would be the first time we’ve lost 4 consecutive league games since 2014 or we’ve got the lowest GD and wins in 2019 out of all the Championship teams.

No club runs headlong into a brick wall quite like Partick.