Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Looks like only one of us is desperate to throw someone under the bus here.

Or suggesting they stand up and take responsibility for the output which the opposition manager stated was the motivation they needed. 

But no, you're right. It's some volunteers fault. 

Just now, dave.j said:

Or suggesting they stand up and take responsibility for the output which the opposition manager stated was the motivation they needed. 

But no, you're right. It's some volunteers fault. 

This has descended into straw man territory now so to save the tedium of it going back and forth any longer I'm off.

I agree with those posts about the scapegoating of Storey. Even taking into account his God-awful finishing he was far from the worst player on the pitch yesterday. Bannigan, Gordon, Harkins and Anderson were all rotten and the Sainted Joe Cardle disappeared after the first 20min. Spittal had a stinker, Penrice was poor and Elliott was turned inside out by Declan McDaid all afternoon. The only bright spot was Sneddon's performance.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah having read it, it’s bizarre how raging some seem to be about it.

It was regurgitating facts to show Ayr were on a poor run of form this year without taking into account their great start to the season. 

Easy for McCall to pick up and use as a motivational tool in his team talk.

Ayr still in the playoffs and we're staring down the table again...

As said though when it came down to it Ayr bounced back from going a goal down and deservedly went onto the win. 

Doesn't excuse us disappearing after scoring and all our outfield players performing well below par.

Good luck to Ayr in the playoffs. Hopefully they can get another point or three next week!

23 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

As said though when it came down to it Ayr bounced back from going a goal down and deservedly went onto the win.

I can't remember the last time Ayr came back from a goal down to win,  feels like it's been ages. Probably was only three weeks ago.

I can't remember the last time Ayr came back from a goal down to win,  feels like it's been ages. Probably was only three weeks ago.

The last time we came back to win was against Falkirk in September. The last time we came back to draw was against Queens in January.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The last time we came back to win was against Falkirk in September. The last time we came back to draw was against Queens in January.

Ooft! There's a twisted fact in its self. Last three teams Ayr came from behind against all in the doodoo :lol: :green

3 minutes ago, DeStevie said:

Think a lot to do with how well Ayr played was down to the surface. Pitch was in great condition Ayr could pass the ball about prime example was Smith goal

We've kept it nice by not playing much football on it this season...

Our first goal was a thing of beauty.  When we play quick one touch passing we are the best footballing team in this league and teams can't cope with it.

It makes me wonder why we usually play so direct and just give the ball away the majority of the time. No Shankland no long balls please.

Edited by Honest_Ally

Our first goal was a thing of beauty.  When we play quick one touch passing we are the best footballing team in this league and teams can't cope with it.
I makes me wonder why we usually play so direct and just give the ball away the majority of the time. No Shankland no long balls please.
I only saw the AU media highlights but going by that we were back to playing the way we were from August to the end of December if we continue that we have a chance in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

I agree with those posts about the scapegoating of Storey. Even taking into account his God-awful finishing he was far from the worst player on the pitch yesterday. Bannigan, Gordon, Harkins and Anderson were all rotten and the Sainted Joe Cardle disappeared after the first 20min. Spittal had a stinker, Penrice was poor and Elliott was turned inside out by Declan McDaid all afternoon. The only bright spot was Sneddon's performance.

All of the above is true (and don't forget Doolan)

The point is those others have contributed at some point over the last few years. Storey has been dire from the off.  It's not his fault he gets picked.

No I didn't forget Doolan. I think it was still the first half when I heard the first shout of "get Doolan on" as if there had been anything in his performances this season that might suggest he would be the answer to our problems.