Aberdeen v Celtic...Pittodrie title party?

52 minutes ago, The OP said:

I'll be accused of whataboutery again but it can't be pointed out enough that a lot of them actually called Steven Gerrard a sad *********** this fucking year.  :lol:

Six months previously, they sang about Lennon being a "sad ****** bar steward".  In the Dandies defence, at least they're not selective with their bigotry. :rolleyes:

But yesterday was a poor show with that singing about McInnes.   It's time to cut that sort of garbage out. 

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Which Aberdeen fans on here dismissed singing that song as banter? Don’t remember one, and if there was one, they were in a massive minority.

Well this is awkward. 

Screenshot_20190505-150429_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s a lot of effort you went to.

I said it in the semi final thread too. That particular song doesn’t really bother me when we sing it to Steven Gerrard 

FTFY

50 minutes ago, The OP said:

I avoid any *********** chants because I believe that they are sectarian and out of step with modern society. That being said, do you believe that Derek McInnes is labelled an *********** by a large section of the Celtic support (in the same way as the entire Aberdeen away support with which you have no association with and which you utterly condemn label Steven Gerrard the same thing) principally because he is Protestant or because he used to play for Rangers?

I also suspect Derek McInnes cares a lot about this issue not because he feels he is discriminated against so much as he feels that one win against Celtic in around 17 games is frustrating and being mocked upon defeat is moreso. 

What do you think that song is mocking him for?

"Put up or shut up, name names who said this etc etc..."
Posts screengrabs of said comments...
"That's a lot of effort you went to blah blah...."

[emoji38]
They'll be abandoning the thread now.