English Premier League 2019-20

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
Chelsea could do with 8 or 9 players when their transfer ban ends in January.

I've rarely seen a team at that level give the ball away as much as they have. Since the second goal they have completely lost the plot.

Man Utd were just as shite, Rashford especially giving the ball away every touch in the first half except the penalty. 

Man Utd were just as shite, Rashford especially giving the ball away every touch in the first half except the penalty. 

I thought Man Utd looked good albeit they were probably made to look better than they actually were given how much of a bunch of headless chickens Chelsea were, particularly second half.

Doubt Man Utd would have won as convincingly if Kante had started and David Luiz hadn’t been punted.

I thought Man Utd looked good albeit they were probably made to look better than they actually were given how much of a bunch of headless chickens Chelsea were, particularly second half.

Doubt Man Utd would have won as convincingly if Kante had started and David Luiz hadn’t been punted.

Chelsea played well the 1st half, but the second goal just sent them into chaos. Zouma was brutal and as you say, they did miss kante in that midfield.

Chelsea know exactly what they are doing by getting in Lampard. They are destined for mid table fans will give club legend frank six months before turning on him. United are in the same boat. Neither will be anywhere near top four.

Edited by D.A.F.C

12 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Fat Frank The Fraud and his lovechild Mason Mount look hilariously out of their depth.

Also imagine freezing out David Luiz when your only alternatives are Zouma, Christensen and Rudiger. Arsenal will be laughing all the way to 4th place.

Chelsea were absolutely shite but I actually thought Mount gave a decent account of himself

Posted this in the quick question thread but maybe this is a better one for it....

Wasnt really sure where to put this, but as I just read the spiel on BBC ablut Wolves disallowed goal there.... Seemingly the new rule is that any goal scored or created with use of an arm, whether accidental or not, will be disallowed.

Fancy way of saying if it hits your arm it is a foul end of story.

Thats all well and good but unless I am behind here, thats not the rule for the defending team is it? So are we not in IMO the utterly ridiculous position of defining a foul differently based purely on whether you are the attacking or defending team?

What is it about handball that turns football authorities into absolute incompetents?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Posted this in the quick question thread but maybe this is a better one for it....

Wasnt really sure where to put this, but as I just read the spiel on BBC ablut Wolves disallowed goal there.... Seemingly the new rule is that any goal scored or created with use of an arm, whether accidental or not, will be disallowed.

Thats all well and good but unless I am behind here, thats not the rule for the defending team is it? So are we not in IMO the utterly ridiculous position of defining a foul differently based purely on whether you are the attacking or defending team?

What is it about handball that turns football authorities into absolute incompetents?

Agreed. Whatever happened to ball to hand = no foul, hand to ball = foul. Surely it's not that difficult?

28 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Fat Frank The Fraud and his lovechild Mason Mount look hilariously out of their depth.

Also imagine freezing out David Luiz when your only alternatives are Zouma, Christensen and Rudiger. Arsenal will be laughing all the way to 4th place.

There’s nothing like a good old knee jerk. 

17 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Chelsea were absolutely shite but I actually thought Mount gave a decent account of himself

Me too. Far better than Barkley who was rivalling Pogba/Pedro in terms of giving the ball away.

The new handball law is absurd. Punishing players for something they can do nothing about. Players accidentally handling the ball and scoring from it was hardly a major issue before so I've no idea why they have tried to 'fix it'.

Having said that, I could probably have accepted it had they said any handball anywhere on the pitch was a foul (although it would still have been completely unnecessary), but for the law to be different depending on where the ball ends up afterwards is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There is a weird irony that what should be the most basic rule of football is now one of the most inconsistent and illogical.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Watched the Palace - Everton game on Saturday morning, what a fantastic advert for the best league in the world! It was a little bit windy in South London which apparently stopped Everton playing their usual brand of world class football, most entertaining thing that happened in the game was a cross hanging in the air for a few extra seconds when the wind took it.

Switched over to the end of QPR v Huddersfield game afterwards, the six minutes I caught was much more entertaining. The wind hadn't reached West London I guess

Watch Match of the Day the other night as I wanted to see Spurs vs Villa. Other than that game I couldn’t have cared less about the rest and it’s reminded me how little interest I have in the English Premier League. Just an overpriced tourist league. I’ll maybe tune in from time to time, likely to see how Scottish players like McGinn and Tierney get on but other than that, pile of shite.

17 hours ago, Torpar said:

Watched the Palace - Everton game on Saturday morning, what a fantastic advert for the best league in the world! It was a little bit windy in South London which apparently stopped Everton playing their usual brand of world class football, most entertaining thing that happened in the game was a cross hanging in the air for a few extra seconds when the wind took it.

Switched over to the end of QPR v Huddersfield game afterwards, the six minutes I caught was much more entertaining. The wind hadn't reached West London I guess

Sheffield United v Palace this weekend on Sky Sports.  Can't wait.