English Premier League 2019-20

They've brought in these rules because of VAR not because it's for the good of the game. Seriously can't stand VAR, I genuinely think I'd stop watching football if it was introduced in Scotland. Teams are still getting fucked over because of it being used randomly or wrongly.

Just now, The Master said:

Absolute shithousery from James. Twice he’s had a wee glance up before deciding to stay down.

I think he was the one who pretended to be knocked out in the Wales game. Though apparently he has a bust nose this time, so maybe not acting for once!

Looked like he got hit pretty hard that last one. Not saying he didnt milk it, was was a strong hit.

I think he was the one who pretended to be knocked out in the Wales game. Though apparently he has a bust nose this time, so maybe not acting for once!

The problem is that handball in the lead up to goals seems to have a significantly lower bar for VAR than any other (potential) foul.
Either the VAR should be allowed to automatically overrule the referee on any and all fouls in the lead-up to a goal, or none, leaving the final decision to the “what did you see?” protocol.
That's not quite the problem.

The new handball rule makes it very clear cut, and so there's no bar. If there's any handball then it's a foul.

The 'clear and obvious error' seems to have a very high bar.

Offsides have no bar either, which I think is a nonsense considering the fractions of a second it takes to kick a ball and so it all depends on what frame they stop it at. They've been ruled out for the most fractional of decisions ever.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Looked like he got hit pretty hard that last one. Not saying he didnt milk it, was was a strong hit.

Well yeah, that is why its a bit shitty, because it looked bad and everyone was pretty worried but apparently he was acting.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-boss-ryan-giggs-makes-17079430