English Premier League 2019-20

Liverpool are absolutely flooded with tourist fans and with the new stand they have joined others in giving up huge sections to hospitality. Which unlike up here aren’t for fans upgrading their weekly match day experience for a birthday/stag do etc but for random companies to purchase and give to employees/raffle winners/host customers(this does happen up here but only a small % and does mostly end up in the hands of genuine fans)

Atmosphere is only going to be created by fans emotionally connected to the result/players and in the EPL that’s at a historical low.

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Interesting to hear Luiz saying last night that Arsenal aren't fit enough, that's a very big failing on Emery and his coaching staff's part.

I'm not sure I believe that, sounds like a player who didn't get on with the previous manager taking the chance to have a swipe at him.  Look at his record, three consecutive EL wins, won the title and cup double with PSG. 

They all have fitness and conditioning coaches now and employ cutting edge sports science.  Plus their fitness couldn't have changed that much in a few weeks realistically for it to be markedly different now.

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
Average pay per player is a stupid thing to use, and it genuinely infuriates me that it has taken off because of that "Sporting Intelligence" bellend. Total wage bill is fine - the average one favours teams with massive squads over those who have smaller ones, regardless of the relative quality.

It's not perfect, but does show how little return Man Utd are getting for their wage bill. Keep hearing that they will have to spend millions to catch up, fact is they already have spent plenty and are still some distance away from the top of the table. It's hard to see them recouping their initial outlay on Pogba, and I'd forgot that Matic was still there until a few weeks ago.

They'll clearly make a big profit on Pogba

Yeah, I mean what a fucking thing to do. It really boils my piss that story.
He was an idiot to send that message though.

It's the type of joke I could see someone making in the flesh - but you can't have a digital record of something like that, not in his position. It's just unacceptable.

Needless to say anyone using that to grass him up obviously had no conscience. Unless there's more to it than that, and the ref has seriously fucked him (or her) over in some way.

It's the type of joke I could see someone making in the flesh - but you can't have a digital record of something like that, not in his position. It's just unacceptable.

Needless to say anyone using that to grass him up obviously had no conscience. Unless there's more to it than that, and the ref has seriously fucked him (or her) over in some way.

It’s a poor situation.

Reading madley’s account(which doesn’t disclose the entire text in full) he has been harshly treated but he seemed to have not realized his public prominence. Joe public could of sent similar and even if their HR/boss became aware would be unlikely to be reprimanded. However I’d think most public figures would struggle to come back from such accusations. He is in the unfortunate position that that he is prominent in the public eye but his voice/personality isn’t seen nearly as much.

In the public eye referees are replaceable and therefore any prominent off field story will leave you vulnerable.

I thought it was 90.  I would say they'll get 130-160 for him.

Isn’t that just inflation tho? Can Man U really say they have added value?

Yes he should have known better but most people send numerous messages a day to various people without thinking the person receiving the message is going to go blabbing to anyone about what they’ve said. Imagine being brought to task over every single message you’ve sent?

Don’t think it warranted a sacking regardless.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s a poor situation.

Reading madley’s account(which doesn’t disclose the entire text in full) he has been harshly treated but he seemed to have not realized his public prominence. Joe public could of sent similar and even if their HR/boss became aware would be unlikely to be reprimanded. However I’d think most public figures would struggle to come back from such accusations. He is in the unfortunate position that that he is prominent in the public eye but his voice/personality isn’t seen nearly as much.

In the public eye referees are replaceable and therefore any prominent off field story will leave you vulnerable.

Isn’t that just inflation tho? Can Man U really say they have added value?

No but they would still make a profit technically.  A guy like that his form is almost irrelevant, he has big commercial value so his transfer value would be very high.

No but they would still make a profit technically.  A guy like that his form is almost irrelevant, he has big commercial value so his transfer value would be very high.
Lolwut? So if they paid 105m but only get 80m back they'll still "make a profit technically"?

Yes he should have known better but most people send numerous messages a day to various people without thinking the person receiving the message is going to go blabbing to anyone about what they’ve said. Imagine being brought to task over every single message you’ve sent?

Don’t think it warranted a sacking regardless.
I'm not sure most folk send jokes about disabled folk (or something similar).

A lot of folk do though (actually, a lot of guys do), and I'd have thought it could've been dealt with without sacking him.

17 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
25 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Lolwut? So if they paid 105m but only get 80m back they'll still "make a profit technically"?

What

What

You seem to be adamant that Utd will make a profit on Pogba. I really can't see it. When they signed him, Juve weren't that keen to sell, United need to shift him to get his circa 300k per week wages freed up, and with 18 months left on his contract they can't afford to hang about too long. I'll be stunned if anybody coughs up more than the €105m that Utd paid, they'll get most of it back but I think it will be around €80-90m tops. There aren't that many clubs who will pay that sort of fee and match the wages he will want.

Just noticed he needs surgery and could be out for a month.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
What

You seem to be adamant that Utd will make a profit on Pogba. I really can't see it. When they signed him, Juve weren't that keen to sell, United need to shift him to get his circa 300k per week wages freed up, and with 18 months left on his contract they can't afford to hang about too long. I'll be stunned if anybody coughs up more than the 105m that Utd paid, they'll get most of it back but I think it will be around 80-90m tops. There aren't that many clubs who will pay that sort of fee and match the wages he will want.

Nah they'll get minimum 130 no bother at all. Could be 165.  That represents a fairly substantial profit.  They also have an option to extend his deal for a year with or without his consent, so he actually has 2.5 years on his contract, so they'll get a good price.  It was 90 they paid for him btw, not 105.  

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Liverpool are absolutely flooded with tourist fans and with the new stand they have joined others in giving up huge sections to hospitality. Which unlike up here aren’t for fans upgrading their weekly match day experience for a birthday/stag do etc but for random companies to purchase and give to employees/raffle winners/host customers(this does happen up here but only a small % and does mostly end up in the hands of genuine fans)

Atmosphere is only going to be created by fans emotionally connected to the result/players and in the EPL that’s at a historical low.

Just wondering, how was the atmosphere at East End when you were playing the likes of Forfar or Montrose in the seaside league?  Did you all get up for that same way as you do against Falkirk or the old firm coming to town?