English Premier League 2019-20

I find it baffling that Solskjaer is still in the Man Utd job, he was appointed after a very fortunate win over PSG, largely thanks to an horrendous penalty award in stoppage time and a sense of affection/nostalgia from the supporters based solely on his playing days, he had been sacked by Cardiff barely a  year previously. 

He, to me anyway always looks lost and bewildered at press conferences and generally out of his depth, whenever you think they can't sink any lower and he will surely get his jotters they pull out a couple of half decent results like the recent double header win over Tottenham and Man City, only for them to show their genuine level with an absolute shitfest like the recent Watford match and tonight against Arsenal. 

He surely won't see the season out....? Given I've tipped him for the bullet since August, don't be surprised to see him last till May with a Cup and a CL spot rescued from an absolute car crash of a team and season. 

On 31/12/2019 at 16:05, craigkillie said:

The referee can technically stop the game whenever he wants, but getting in the way of players happens all the time and you never see the referee stopping the game for it, just as you never did previously when the ball hit them.

On your second point, the laws of the game aren't really there to tell you what you can do, they're mostly telling you what you can't do. It doesn't say "if a player stands still 43 yards from goal then play on" either.

Well you obviously should and I'm sure you will soon.  The ref obviously cost Sheffield Utd a goal there and obviously should have stopped play.

31 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Well you obviously should and I'm sure you will soon.  The ref obviously cost Sheffield Utd a goal there and obviously should have stopped play.

Obviously.

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Confused about the Mahrez incident that VAR looked at. VAR showed he was onside and broke into the box where they reviewed a potential foul....only to decide on a free kick to Everton for....OFFSIDE??

Just seen this on MOTD.

Criminal that this is being allowed to go on. 

Confused about the Mahrez incident that VAR looked at. VAR showed he was onside and broke into the box where they reviewed a potential foul....only to decide on a free kick to Everton for....OFFSIDE??

Seems to me they should have re-started the game with a drop ball at the Everton keeper's feet but maybe there is some quirk about it re-starting with the original decision even though it was wrong? Looked like a complete shambles in any event.

That Villa offside is a fucking joke as well. Surely the referees must be sick off it as well now. Apart from Dermot Gallagher who will agree with whatever the final decision is, while stealing a living.
That Villa strip is vile as well.
Happy new year by the way,

When they first showed it on MotD I couldn't understand why Wesley would have been active as I couldn't remember him being near Grealish when he scored. It was only when they showed the full incident after the highlights when I realised it was in the first phase of play - which I thought VAR wasn't going to be used for? They seemed to mention the other night in the Wolves game that any potential handball by Van Dijk was too early to disallow the Liverpool goal for instance?

Those two decisions today sum up VAR really.

VAR moment from the Spurs v Chelsea game a couple of weeks ago that I couldn’t get my head round:

Spurs were given a free kick on the edge of the box and the check was for a penalty to see if it was actually in the box. Wankers in the VAR room were looking at the replays where you could clearly see the Spurs player was offside immediately before the foul, absolutely no need to get out the protractor, yet after looking at the offside angle a number of times they continued to check the location of the foul for a good 2 minutes. Despite the clear as fucking day offside they were all set to award a penalty if they thought the foul was in the box. In the end up they didn’t and Spurs kept their free kick.

And another from the Norwich v Spurs game at the weekend - Spurs were given a foul right on the edge of the box after a VAR review. Replays clearly showed the Spurs player was offside in the immediate build up yet they carried on giving the free kick and Erikson scored from it.

They’re happy to rule out goals for a bawhair’s offside but if someone’s blatantly offside before a penalty or dangerous free kick it gets ignored. The whole thing is a fucking mess.

Apologies if previously posted, but former referee Bobby Madley has written the attached in regards to him being sacked from his job:
https://therefereesword.blogspot.com/2019/12/time-to-move-on.html?m=1
Certainly an idiotic mistake, but obviously somebody he trusted has flung him under the bus. Also underlines the well known fact that the press are c***s.