English Premier League 2019-20

Shout out to the Scottish Liverpool fans who’ve never been to Liverpool before but chose to support them because they win things. 
I hope you enjoy your night celebrating a club you’ve no connection to winning a title. 

[mention=867]Musketeer Gripweed[/mention] [mention=2753]keithgy[/mention] [mention=36]David W[/mention] and the rest. Well in lads! 

If you’ve got problems with Scottish football fans who take an interest in the English premiership then this might not be the thread for you

6 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I have no real interest in EPL but Liverpool fans seem even bigger wanks than United fans 

From experience I'd say the fans of both clubs - assuming by Utd you mean Man Utd - that actually go to games are a good bunch. I expected Man Utd to have a huge sense of entitlement after 25 years of success but they've been good supporters.

Hangers on are a different matter.

It's a weird thing on these pages that everyone seems to want to hate fans of some clubs, I don't understand it.

Just now, GordonS said:

From experience I'd say the fans of both clubs - assuming by Utd you mean Man Utd - that actually go to games are a good bunch. I expected Man Utd to have a huge sense of entitlement after 25 years of success but they've been good supporters.

It's a weird thing on these pages that everyone seems to want to hate fans of some clubs, I don't understand it.

Thread full of EPL fanboys slagging other EPL fanboys. Makes no sense to me. 

28 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The league being finished with 7 games to go is a fiasco. Man CIty being relatively shite hasn't helped.

A season to forget in all honesty.

This is such utter bullshit. Up to the break Liverpool were putting together the best season anyone's ever had in the top flight. Their numbers were ridiculous and they could now smash the record points total. You're right that Man City's defensive frailties meant it wasn't a battle, but that's not Liverpool's fault, they've been an absolute machine and great to watch.

There's a daft narrative that somehow it's not been a good league this season, which is a tough sell in a country that supplied all four European finalists last season.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I know alot of fans of both, Scottish and Irish mostly that havnt and never will set foot in either Old Trafford or Anfield.. both are intolerable ha.  The worst are the ones that chant in English accents down the pud... I get the ones that go to games are probably sounder. 

I dont hate them mate... I dislike all EPL  teams equally 😆

2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Thread full of EPL fanboys slagging other EPL fanboys. Makes no sense to me. 

I suppose I'm an EPL fanboy because I'm a football fanboy and it's on the telly every Saturday and Sunday night. I don't support any team but it's obviously good to watch. In some ways I wish it wasn't because I'm a woke PC SJW and I'd like to take the moral high ground and disdain all the money in it, but there's so much to enjoy.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is such utter bullshit. Up to the break Liverpool were putting together the best season anyone's ever had in the top flight. Their numbers were ridiculous and they could now smash the record points total. You're right that Man City's defensive frailties meant it wasn't a battle, but that's not Liverpool's fault, they've been an absolute machine and great to watch.

There's a daft narrative that somehow it's not been a good league this season, which is a tough sell in a country that supplied all four European finalists last season.

City were poor (defensively) tonight but their performances vs Arsenal and Burnley in the last week were both sublime and an indication of the level that they reach more often than not. That another team has beaten this particular City side by such a wide margin is incredible. 

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yet this season are on course to only provide one Champions League quarter finalist, with the runaway Barclays winner knocked out after being beaten home and away by an injury ravaged side that sat 6th in La Liga at the time.

Lost twice to Man United, twice to Wolves, couldn’t beat spurs in two games and lost away to *checks notes* Norwich. 

They were hardly 1970’s Brazil ffs. 

‘incredible.’ 

In the 1974 World Cup Brazil drew with Yugoslavia and Scotland and lost to the Netherlands and Poland

Have to take my hat off to Klopp. He has done a great job with the bin dippers. 

He's put together an exciting team with quality right through the spine of the team and blended some old heads with exciting young talent. 

Also his transfer market moves have been pretty imprrssive too. Not many failures off the top of my head.

City have been comparatively poor defensively this season but still excite going forward and should mount a challenge going forward.

I suppose from a Liverpool point of view the question is can Liverpool build a (mini) dynasty over the next few seasons?

Klopp didn't quite manage this at Dortmund but they had Bayern cherry picking their and other Bundesliga teams best talent. 

They have the funding now with Fenway Park behind them as well as their increased hospitality and stadium capacity.

The trophy room is bulging too. 

I need a lie down...

Spoiler

Edited by jagfox BLM