Cove Thread

26 minutes ago, Strathman said:

Thought for some time Milne could play at a higher level.  Hibs game will have convinced a few more.

Looks a no brainer for the Dons.  Full time football would surely improve the kid providing he was getting regular first team games.

What is his contract situation?

He's definitely constantly improving, has many prime years ahead and I agree with full time training he'd excel further. Since about October when we switched to 3-5-2, he's playing as a LWB and getting the chance to be even more offensive than he was previously. Heard there's a fair bit of interest.

According to a Hibs fans on the Aberdeen thread, Maloney is interesting in signing him too. He'd be a good addition for the Dons. Not many go from L1 to a club considered to be a top 6 premiership club. Is it a gamble for such club, I don't think so.

Out of contract May 31st. Don't really want to contemplate him leaving. Part of me still hopeful he'll extend his contract with us.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

He should be sitting down & speaking through the pros & cons of changing to full time with Rory, he has been in the position & made the decision in a sensible manner with work , family etc the main thing. Not sure what he does workwise but if he has a decent job & a good part time wage going full time is a gamble. Rory knocked it back a few times & has been proved right to do so. Maybe different if getting the chance down south where the cash is more lucrative

Edited by peternapper

1 hour ago, IR1970 said:

Another 2 goals for Milne today...look forward to watching him next season if rumours are true.

He was outstanding again today. On another level to everyone else on the pitch.

If that rumour is correct you have one hell of a player. There are rumours of prem clubs interested in him; Dons, Hibs and others. 

Obviously I hope he stays and he hasn't signed anything yet.

41 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He was outstanding again today. On another level to everyone else on the pitch.

If that rumour is correct you have one hell of a player. There are rumours of prem clubs interested in him; Dons, Hibs and others. 

Obviously I hope he stays and he hasn't signed anything yet.

Would be a great signing for us..defo need an attacking full back who can get up and down the line....once you have title sewn up expect it to be confirmed. 

13 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Would be a great signing for us..defo need an attacking full back who can get up and down the line....once you have title sewn up expect it to be confirmed. 

Sounds like you know it's more than a rumour? The way it's been handled in the media up here he's not signed anything and clubs are looking at him with intent / not knowing a PCA is in place

26 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It helped that yet again Falkirk gifted goals😪

With no Mitch, Rory hobbling off injured after 10 minutes and us needing to rely on a holding midfielder and Leighton McIntosh, who is woeful, as a striking duo I thought chances would be limited but we created enough and the win was comfortable. 

Telfer wanted far too much time on the edge of his 18 yard box and Harry bodied him off the ball and slotted it in the corner. That was one example of a gift as you say.

Falkirk missing the battle and intensity. Can understand the frustration from the home support. A lot needs to change over the summer.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Fair play to Cove Rangers to come away with 8 points from a possible 12 unbeaten and 4 away games on the bounce worthy champions for me can't see you slipping up.

Andrew Considine on a pre contract doing the rounds....?

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

Fair play to Cove Rangers to come away with 8 points from a possible 12 unbeaten and 4 away games on the bounce worthy champions for me can't see you slipping up.

Andrew Considine on a pre contract doing the rounds....?

Thanks for the draw yesterday! Links Park is a fortress, hardest place in the league to pick up points imo so knew there was a chance. I'd actually backed Mo to win that one.

I wrote in another thread 6-8 points would we a decent return from those games and probably give us a strong chance of winning the title. 8 points and undefeated in those circumstances was impressive. A bit lucky to sneak the draws in the way it panned out it must be said.

We *shouldn't* lose it from here but those are famous last words..

Heard some murmurings about Considine too. Can't see him moving away from the Aberdeen area. I'd take him as he would be better than Reynolds and Neill. 

Would easily give up the chance of signing him and put all that extra money to keeping Harry though.

If we do go up the recruitment needs to be strategic with no failures.

On 07/04/2022 at 11:00, Strathman said:

Thought for some time Milne could play at a higher level.  Hibs game will have convinced a few more.

Looks a no brainer for the Dons.  Full time football would surely improve the kid providing he was getting regular first team games.

What is his contract situation?

Ex Dons go to Cove, not the other way round, it's because they pay better!

3 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Congrats on the league ladsemoji1360.pngemoji1360.png, been the toughest and most resilient team throughout the season, 99.9% sure there’s no chance of us catching you. All the best in championship, hopefully we will be there with youemoji3532.png

I expect Airdrie to finish off with 3 wins and go 20 unbeaten which is no mean feat. Cove should be capable of 4 out of 9 points given our remaining fixtures but stranger things have happened.

Even if we win the title , I'll still be at the playoff matches. LP is only 50 minutes from me and i'd be tempted to go to the 2nd leg also.

Airdrie would be deserving of a Championship spot given the season they've had. For me the winner or 2nd vs 3rd will be favourites in the final. Montrose are just so well organised that you feel they also have a great chance. If Webby is back that will aid their chances 

Not the only Airdrie fan to come on this thread but i think I've got to say congrats. Not a chance now we are gonna catch you but to go all they games unbeaten and grind our results the way that you have done is incredibly impressive.

Let's just hope I get to enjoy another trip to the Balmoral in the championship next year.

The way both Airdrie and Cove have been this year it would be a complete injustice if a team that has been rotten all season like an Ayr or Dunfermline were to win the play offs despite having a rotten season.

8 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I expect Airdrie to finish off with 3 wins and go 20 unbeaten which is no mean feat. Cove should be capable of 4 out of 9 points given our remaining fixtures but stranger things have happened.

Even if we win the title , I'll still be at the playoff matches. LP is only 50 minutes from me and i'd be tempted to go to the 2nd leg also.

Airdrie would be deserving of a Championship spot given the season they've had. For me the winner or 2nd vs 3rd will be favourites in the final. Montrose are just so well organised that you feel they also have a great chance. If Webby is back that will aid their chances 

Dunfermline will win the play off and comfortably too

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dunfermline will win the play off and comfortably too

With Dunfermline having 2 home games against Ayr & QOS and away at Thistle (who they absolutely rogered a few weeks ago) it's by no means certain it will be them.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Seen all 3 teams play regularly have we?

Yeah well watch highlights every week and can’t do much more than that.

If Ayr finish in the play offs it could be close... but Dunfermline can be a really good team on their day and coming up against lesser teams and players I think they’ll have too much.