The AEW Thread

TheGoon

4 hours ago, untitled00 said:

Apparently this is legit and not a bait & switch.

If so, this is objectively fucking hilarious (whether it’s smart to do this is another thing entirely)

AD34C884-A6A3-4DE0-8D90-1A070D8E4FBA.jpeg

The timing of doing this is probably to get even more heat on Perry before his match for NJPW in Chicago on Friday.

Oh and for the record, if this is legit and not a bait and switch and Khan was genuinely cowering for his life, there is absolutely no gain for AEW to make on this...no furthering of storyline, no positive payoff and you make your talent and the leader of that talent look like a total weakling dweeb because Punk said a few hurty words about the incident in his own time.

If Perry had bitched Punk out backstage, made him look a fool and smacked him about, there'd perhaps be value there. But by all accounts Punk ragdolled him.

Apparently it's just Perry and Punk.

Don't know how legit the account was but apparently there was an eyewitness who said Punk applied a choke and Perry got out of it easily.

Probably use it as a vehicle to bring him back as a member of the elite.

Melter said it WONT include the footage of where TK was ‘scared for his life’

Just the Perry /Punk altercation. Story is Punk tried to choke him and Perry just escaped/reversed it. Having seen punk’s ufc matches I can totally believe this.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolute carny two bit madness.

I love it and am all for it happening.

100%. It’s borderline petty af and I fucking love it. I’m getting popcorn in for this one lol

Edited by untitled00

On 05/04/2024 at 17:15, DA Baracus said:

You forgot all about the excellent* Jericho stuff.

Also, once again, I must state my dislike of Mone's 'CEO' chant.

*Not excellent

Likewise. Her theme music is rubbish and the “CEO” just doesn’t go with it. 

Just got the Eddie/Briscoe match, superb, brilliant monent at the end with his family and Kingston.

Athena/Shida really strong as well.

I can see why Tony Khan feared for his life now 😱 It was always gonna be a big nothing, it's just your usual wrestling ego clash you'd see every week in some locker room. Pretty much verbatim how Punk described it.

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well, it was the real footage I suppose fair play. Still not sure of the point. 

A cheap ratings ploy. Khan admitted as much a day or two ago.

image.png.4cdf568b748e6499464e414ba5f216fd.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

That'll put some butts in seats!

image.png.8daa6d63904752fa1681bfa3de87499d.png

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed AEW for the most part from its creation and have been engaged for large stretches of time until MJF's run coming to an end due to injury, but since then I've struggled to stay invested, and as an unabashed Punk fan (more than any wrestling company tbh) I find myself turning more and more against them for this Nitro-esque pot shot nonsense, and the Ospreay promo immediately afterwards only baffles me more. I wish they would focus on themselves and do what they do best rather than reacting to what's happening externally every week like they've been doing of late. Embarrassing stuff.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That'll put some butts in seats!

image.png.8daa6d63904752fa1681bfa3de87499d.png

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed AEW for the most part from its creation and have been engaged for large stretches of time until MJF's run coming to an end due to injury, but since then I've struggled to stay invested, and as an unabashed Punk fan (more than any wrestling company tbh) I find myself turning more and more against them for this Nitro-esque pot shot nonsense, and the Ospreay promo immediately afterwards only baffles me more. I wish they would focus on themselves and do what they do best rather than reacting to what's happening externally every week like they've been doing of late. Embarrassing stuff.

I agree they should ignore this shite for the most part, but I think Ospreay was well within his rights after Triple H basically called him a lazy b*****d on TV. 

The best thing they could do is move on from the All In stuff, but they’ve only leaned into it more.

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I agree they should ignore this shite for the most part, but I think Ospreay was well within his rights after Triple H basically called him a lazy b*****d on TV. 

The best thing they could do is move on from the All In stuff, but they’ve only leaned into it more.

Yeah tbf me saying "only baffles me more" is a pretty shite way of making my point, I mean to say that the directness of how obvious the address is throws me off. There's a way to blur the line and he skirts it for the most part while getting himself over but then the bit at the end just feels childish and hurts him imo, it's like chucking a pebble at a brick wall. Airing direct & petty grievances live on air is what caused all of this mess in the first place.

It's not an Ospreay thing though, excellent wrestler, it's an AEW thing if you ask me. I just want them to focus on themselves and making improvements to prove that Punk's "not a real business" jab into a moot point rather than something that only feels more reinforced at this moment, because AEW can put on a hell of a show when they want to.

Stand by my original comments.

This doesn't make AEW, Perry or Khan look good at all.

It went down exactly how Punk said, he didn't throw any punches (there were two hard shoves before he choked him) and Perry certainly didn't easily escape it as was suggested with two folk, including Joe, dragging him out of there.

It also looks like the entire flash point was over in seconds so how Tony could fear for his life I've no idea.