The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Feels like they’re slowly getting back to the more sports-ish presentation. The rankings coming back, whilst they’ll always be a bit flawed, is a positive step imo. 

Also, Copeland/Suzuki happening feels like a fever dream.

Caught up with collision from the weekend there.

Feels like it's been on a really good run the past few weeks and always seems to feel quite fast paced and fly past.

Would definitely recommend the Danielson - Nagata and Cage match as must watches.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's hard to figure out what AEW are hinting at here. A Big Bossman tribute show?

image.thumb.jpeg.4aebc1855ab7565830498b88f0cc9ddd.jpeg

Big Show to surf his coffin in a long overdue revenge.

A nicely executed start of a properly organic double turn on Dynamite between Swerve and Hangman with Page being beaten, knowing he's beaten and in knowing, flatly refusing Swerve another 5 minutes to settle it.

I assumed they'd fucked up with that Boston announcement (fucked it up is obviously pretty strong, I'm sure it was absolutely intentional, even if I will always disagree about teasing surprises) by showing the Boss part in the background and basically telegraphing that fka Sasha Banks was going to debut, but would the boss stuff not be one of those WWE only things?  Either that or Bruce Springsteen is finally making his long awaited debut in the ring

If ever you want to see how best to use blood for the image it'll bring, watch the ending there. The blood on the white suits is such an effective image compared to how it's previously been used in AEW.  

Edited by forameus

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I assumed they'd fucked up with that Boston announcement (fucked it up is obviously pretty strong, I'm sure it was absolutely intentional, even if I will always disagree about teasing surprises) by showing the Boss part in the background and basically telegraphing that fka Sasha Banks was going to debut, but would the boss stuff not be one of those WWE only things?  Either that or Bruce Springsteen is finally making his long awaited debut in the ring

If ever you want to see how best to use blood for the image it'll bring, watch the ending there. The blood on the white suits is such an effective image compared to how it's previously been used in AEW.  

AEW seems to be pretty sharp when it comes to pouncing on expired WWE trademarks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are ok using The Boss

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I think they have dialled down on the blood a bit as of late and it does make a difference when it's not used all the time and used effectively like it was last night 

Jon Moxley in shambles

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

AEW seems to be pretty sharp when it comes to pouncing on expired WWE trademarks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are ok using The Boss

WWE still have Sasha Banks merch up. They're going to have some active trademarks. It's probably something AEW can get away with as it is slightly different and not being directly monetised. If WWE need to get separate trademarks for Big Boss Man, Legit Boss, and presumably Boss/Bo$$. Isn't Bo$$ton then it's only unique trademark? There might be a legal fight to be had as it is capitalising on WWE's intellectual property, but that's gotta be more trouble than it's worth.