The AEW Thread

TheGoon

5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

He used to be good at knowing when to f**k off as well, now he never does.

One of his nicknames is 'The Wizard'*, so hopefully can magic himself to f**k for a bit and come back fresh, including a new entrance tune.

*His wife probably wishes the word 'grand' was in front of 'wizard'.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Supposedly he paid $5000 towards Vurgil's funeral.sonhes not a total c**t. Just needs to learn when to take a step back for a bit.

He's seemingly really generous with those sorts of things. 

An odd guy given he's also donated to Trump.

I completely forgot we're in that nice few weeks of the year when American time is one hour nearer to us than usual.

Mercedes will either be a great signing or she'll Punk her way out of the company in record time. It'll be very entertaining either way.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

Thank f**k the Bang Bang Scissor Gang is over.

An incredibly pointless faction and a massive waste of all involved.

Talking of massive wastes, Jay White really needs to get away from Bullet Club Gold.

How mental is Wembley going to be? Just imagine a card with Okada, Ospreay, Hangman, Swerve, Danielson, Joe, White, Darby, Kingston, MFJ, Mox, Copeland, Cage, FTR, Young Bucks, Mercedes, Storm, Cole, Takeshita, Claudio, Cassidy, The Acclaimed, Julia, Willow and others I'm forgetting on it.

A ridiculously stacked roster.

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Thank f**k the Bang Bang Scissor Gang is over.

An incredibly pointless faction and a massive waste of all involved.

Talking of massive wastes, Jay White really needs to get away from Bullet Club Gold.

How mental is Wembley going to be? Just imagine a card with Okada, Ospreay, Hangman, Swerve, Danielson, Joe, White, Darby, Kingston, MFJ, Mox, Copeland, Cage, FTR, Young Bucks, Mercedes, Storm, Cole, Takeshita, Claudio, Cassidy, The Acclaimed, Julia, Willow and others I'm forgetting on it.

A ridiculously stacked roster.

I was thinking that as well, when you think at the moment the likes of Ethan Page, Juice Robinson, Shibata, Keith Lee, Kenny Omega, Ibushi, Mire, MJF, Rush, Scorpio Sky, Yuta, Britt Baker and Janie Hayter are all mid to top tier talent that hasnt been on air in months

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

I was thinking that as well, when you think at the moment the likes of Ethan Page, Juice Robinson, Shibata, Keith Lee, Kenny Omega, Ibushi, Mire, MJF, Rush, Scorpio Sky, Yuta, Britt Baker and Janie Hayter are all mid to top tier talent that hasnt been on air in months

Weird one, where do the likes of Adam Page and MJF to name a few slot into this? Interesting times ahead

10 hours ago, untitled00 said:

I have never wished an injury on anyone but thank f**k darby can’t climb Everest.

That said, he’ll probably find some new way to destroy himself that hasn’t even been invented yet.

Agreed, seems like the type of tit who would push himself too much and when you're in the 'death zone' that almost always means dying.

22 hours ago, honestly united said:

Don't think anyone's bothered by Scorpio Sky going missing. Hope he's alright, but they tried the Collision return. Making appearances in ROH and the tease of something with Men of the Year at Final Battle. Never went anywhere.

Couple of names missing from the above suggestions are Ricky Starks and Big Bill. Vanished after dropping the tag titles early last month. They at least seem to be coming back as an act since they're in the Tag Title tournament.

Half expecting him just to decide to go off season given how little regard he seems to have. Seems like he hadn't really bothered training much either, if I was responsible for keeping these kinds of people alive up there, I'd be flat out refusing. Hopefully he can spend a year being constantly told not to be such a tit and take it seriously.

To no real surprise, Danielson - Shibata was pretty good.

Card for tonight looks good, they're going live for 3 hours with Dynamite and Rampage back to back due to NCAA basketball I think. 

Think it would be interesting to have Okada absolutely destroy Kingston similar to Lesnar and Cena at Summerslam.

Other than that I'm sure the I Quit match will meet expectations.

I thought the tone on the I Quit match was a bit off.  Painted as this epic culmination of a blood feud, mixed with spots that wouldn't be out of place on a WWE Christmas fuckabout show.  Not bad by any means, but a bit odd at points.

Am I the only one finding Mone's stuff so far a bit cringe?  I'm sure she can still go in the ring, but given she's not done that yet, pretty much everything in the presentation so far has been a bit off.  Promos seem well below what she's clearly capable of, the CEO stuff is pish.  Guess it's lucky that I assume she'll end up getting the same treatment as most women on the roster, getting 5-8 minutes prior to the main event on Dynamite.