Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

You have my sympathy boys, astounded to see the Duffster has a 0% win percentage thus far. The one thing Duffy was good at with ourselves was getting a tune out of Stevie Aitken’s players and he seems to have failed miserably with Danny Lennon’s players. Now you have entered a transfer window your hopes will be high that he can at least try to overhaul the squad a bit and bring in some quality but all we got were complete jobbers who were far worse than what he inherited, and they tend to arrive at the arse end of every window by which point any remaining hope you do have has completely drained from your soul. Any of the good players he did inherit were offered an absolute peanuts wage and they were out the door quicker than his last haircut. At one point our sponsors had to actually step in and offer a couple of players extra wages to stay due to what he had deemed a suitable offer for them.

He did manage to drag us through the relegation playoffs so perhaps there is some hope.

I struggle to think of a time I've seen Clyde in such a bad place, not even ten years ago. I genuinely feel it's too big an ask for Duffy to get this lot to a play off as yesterday was dire. It wasn't even good enough to compete in League 2.

Too many players need moved on for it be saveable.  Realistically, if what others have said about the budget are true, then a loan signing and Jones being re-signed are whats next this month.  Depressing stuff.

Edited by BonnieClyde

I see us going 1 of 3 ways now under rhe current board and CIC model. Unless drastic change happens

1. We go bust 

2. We get swallowed up by accies

3. We become nomads dwindling in the Lowland league playing infront of 200

Edited by bullyweehutch

Yesterday looked like the end of days.. those players in a Clyde shirt and the Manager just look like they have down tools and accepted it’s over.

I know all supporters say these things when they are watching their side sliding towards relegation.. However, Parry for example is just so slow now it’s embarrassing, but worse thing is;  it doesn’t even look like it bothers him one bit!

Peter Grant is also finished and slower than anything I’ve seen in years. If the ball isn’t thrown directly in direction of his napper just forget it. Falkirk players showed him up big time yesterday. Much as I could rip into 99% of the players what’s the point, other than making me feel better for the rant!  I just get so annoyed at certain individuals. Surely these two players for example don’t need Clyde wages to survive, professional pride should just make them just chuck it. 
Same could be said about Duffy. Even if he ever had it in the first place. 

I’ve supported this club for nearly 60 years and I seen good sides, decent sides, poor sides and abysmal sides, however as some have said and I agree this feels different as we can see no way out of this situation without a drastic change in circumstances. Problem being the club seem to have very little wherewithal to facilitate any positive change.
Sad and sorry days

I see Joe Bevan, who we had in for our Glasgow Cup games last season, scored on his second appearance for Albion Rovers yesterday. I’m not saying he’d have been the answer to our problems but at 18 years old he might be one to watch.

I look forward to him scoring many, many goals against us next season, of course.

Seen the photo of our crowd at TFS yesterday on Twitter. It’s sad to see the difference in support we have even compared to a few seasons ago. The other photo is from the game at TFS when Darren Smith scored the winner. There’s a big difference in numbers there.

The club is in a sorry state of affairs again and it’s no shock the crowds home and away have plummeted. There’s no enjoyment in following the team anymore.

27EA3835-B1EF-4F86-8610-5EBD7665239D.jpeg

B3CBD726-55C7-4BBE-B6D6-7FBA0F2A65B7.jpeg

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Seen the photo of our crowd at TFS yesterday on Twitter. It’s sad to see the difference in support we have even compared to a few seasons ago. The other photo is from the game at TFS when Darren Smith scored the winner. There’s a big difference in numbers there.

The club is in a sorry state of affairs again and it’s no shock the crowds home and away have plummeted. There’s no enjoyment in following the team anymore.

What a day!

The players have given up

The manager gave up before he started 

The board is completely incompetent and have also given up

And now the fans have given up and who can blame us. The soul of our club has been destroyed and we are wandering in the dark from one disaster to the next. 

I never thought it would be this way but I never even thought twice about not going yesterday. It was easy, players don't give a f**k so why should I waste my time and money whilst these jobbers get paid to not give a f**k. 

Players and staff move on but what do we do when they've killed the club off. f**k the board and the CIC

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

I see Joe Bevan, who we had in for our Glasgow Cup games last season, scored on his second appearance for Albion Rovers yesterday. I’m not saying he’d have been the answer to our problems but at 18 years old he might be one to watch.

I look forward to him scoring many, many goals against us next season, of course.

He was absolutely brilliant for Camelon but really raw. Fair play to the Rovers for bringing him into the league but I can see why we didn’t bring him in.

However, we also had Liam Scullion on trial too and decided to sign him, and Bevan is much better, which is very irritating.

I've got a ST and missed 6 of our 11 home games in the league already. Really cannot see that ratio improving at all between now and the end of the season. I would only keep 6 or 7 players from this squad at a push and even at that I'd want most to be back ups to better players rather than guys completely out of their depth being back ups to them. Fat chance of that though with the budget situation

Edited by CM.

I just cannot believe the dip. The last game I saw was the 2-2 draw with Peterhead, and put it down to it being Peterhead yet Clyde played some great stuff that day… for me, the game lost to Edinburgh 2-0:brought it all back full circle. 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I stay 10 mins from TFS.

But never had any intention going yesterday as there is no enjoyment watching your team getting humped week in week out. (Though was at the other game a few years ago)

Dont know if can be bothered going to home games any more as more of a 30-40 min journey (and that is from a club exec member) as we are just dull to watch.

Football is meant to be an entertainment but there has been no entertainment since promotion (DGW aside) and certainly been none this season

Come to think of it I haven’t seen us win this season as missed games v QOS, Kelty, the welsh pub team and Elgin

Watched the ‘highlights’ there mainly as I was in the car after two nil and missed the last 2 goals.

Peter Grant, slow as a week in the jail as he is was favourite all the way to clear it for the first goal yet let Morrison cruise past him. Fourth goal too his reaction and attempt to clear is just pathetic. That’s our captain out there and he looks like he can’t be fucked.

The apathy around the club is dreadful, did any of those arseholes even come over to the fans at the end? Duffy is an absolute dud, I would happily fire him and most of that squad into the sun.

We should have got a young, hungry manager in from WOS/EOS league or similar to build a team under basically no pressure for the rest of this season with a view to kicking on next year. Instead it’s the same old shite every week under a dinosaur until most of these charlatans are emptied in May.

Fully expect us to be bottom by next Saturday and stay there. 

Edited by Clyde01

Who we bring in or dont in the remainder of the Jan window will go along way to deciding what league were in come August...

The Club need to gamble in my opinion.

Sign two weans from Kilmarnock and were away or find the money to bring in a top end match winner like McGovern/Peaso done back in the day (when we were also on a slide to non league) & preferably befoee Saturday..

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Boyle, Cogill, McAllister, Jamieson twice, Banks, Lang and probably a few I’ve forgotten, we should’ve just let Lennon build a team of loans as they were always better signings than his actual signings to the club. 

I agree on the point about Duffy above, I think a younger manager would’ve got a bit more support than he has, but I never understand the points about WoS or EoS league managers. The standard is some way off the SPFL(regardless of cup results) and given nobody has done it yet that I know of, I don’t know why we would in league 1. 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Who we bring in or dont in the remainder of the Jan window will go along way to deciding what league were in come August...

The Club need to gamble in my opinion.

Sign two weans from Kilmarnock and were away or find the money to bring in a top end match winner like McGovern/Peaso done back in the day (when we were also on a slide to non league) & preferably befoee Saturday..

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

Hard to argue with that but to happen it needs to be now, before Saturday or there is no point. Personally I don’t think the club have it in them to even try sadly.

If Thicot and Duthie are on what I've been told then we could get 3 or 4 decent L1 players for their wage combined. Thicot is utter shite and Duthie, although a promising league debut at QOS, hasn't been seen since. 

Edited by CM.