Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Russell MacLean has signed for Dumbarton. I’d have loved him up top for us with Allan. 

Thought the same. He’s one I’d hoped we’d be able to bring in. No doubt Dumbarton could offer a wee bit more £££ than us.

10 games under Duffy and he’s managed 3 draws and 7 defeats, but the gap was already big and it’s not his fault. What a really pish poor appointment that was, utterly pointless to get rid of Lennon to bring him in. 

Just get rid of Duffy now, he doesn’t sound interested and doesn’t look interested standing on the touch line, plus he’s made zero difference. 

Edited by SLClyde

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

10 games under Duffy and he’s managed 3 draws and 7 defeats, but the gap was already big and it’s not his fault. What a really pish poor appointment that was, utterly pointless to get rid of Lennon to bring him in. 

Duffy was the least inspiring appointment we could have made tbh. Someone who had no relationship with the supporters last time and he didn’t achieve much success whatsoever. Whilst I appreciate that Lennon left Duffy with an absolute mess of a squad, and I’m not sure who we really could have expected to come in, Duffy’s appointment has just added to the malaise around the club.

For all of his good moments, Lennon has definitely tarnished his legacy a wee bit, in my eyes, due to assembling this squad of absolute jobbers. Eye bleedingly bad stuff.

I know how defeatist this sounds but given the budget for next season, I’d almost rather we were relegated. Can you imagine scraping staying up only to have to try and scramble together a League One squad on half of the budget we have now. It’s not even worth thinking about how bad that squad would be given how bad the current lot are.

Scunnered.

Edited by Scott-Replay

9 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Duffy was the least inspiring appointment we could have made tbh. Someone who had no relationship with the supporters last time and he didn’t achieve much success whatsoever. Whilst I appreciate that Lennon left Duffy with an absolute mess of a squad, and I’m not sure who we really could have expected to come in, Duffy’s appointment has just added to the malaise around the club.

For all of his good moments, Lennon has definitely tarnished his legacy a wee bit, in my eyes, due to assembling this squad of absolute jobbers. Eye bleedingly bad stuff.

I know how defeatist this sounds but given the budget for next season, I’d almost rather we were relegated. Can you imagine scraping staying up only to have to try and scramble together a League One squad on half of the budget we have now. It’s not even worth thinking about how bad that squad would be given how bad the current lot are.

Scunnered.

Can someone please explain to me how after leaving big bad broadwood, the financial millstone round our neck, we are looking at having the budget of a lowland league team next season?

Weren’t we assured that selling a few pints and curries before matches would have us competing with the financial muscle of the Montrose’s and Kelty’s of the world?

Season is done; time to prepare for next season. 

Have to start looking for new manager now, whether we get him in now or in May makes no odds. Tell Duffy he will not be here after this season.

Don’t bother signing anyone else, just keep the pennies we have and even get pre contracts looked at (if we had new manager lined up obviously).

Next week is going to be an absolute shit show, 100 % credit for any brave soul that makes that journey.

The Club's "leadership" team, coaching & playing staff - all of them - are an embarrassment to the once proud name of Clyde FC (who are now nothing short of a laughing stock). Such a sad demise and those responsible should be ashamed of their part in Clyde FC's downfall.

"If you are stupid enough to keep doing the same stupid things, your stupidity will keep getting the same stupid results"

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

The Club's "leadership" team, coaching & playing staff - all of them - are an embarrassment to the once proud name of Clyde FC (who are now nothing short of a laughing stock). Such a sad demise and those responsible should be ashamed of their part in Clyde FC's downfall.

"If you are stupid enough to keep doing the same stupid things, your stupidity will keep getting the same stupid results"

Clyde players  are asking to go on loan to Gretna 😂

I think we should get Danny back as he’s never relegated a club and that’s a fact.

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Will get the league 2 thread ready for you guys when it comes, a crying shame 

Oh yeah? Well… well… I’ll get the Big Queen’s Park Administration/Liquidation Thread ready for you guys when it comes.

For the record, yes, I’m on the verge of tears.