Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure of the procedure, but a new Tory leader would have to prove they has the support of the House before becoming PM, which effectively means a VOC. If they're advocating a hard brexit their time in the sun could be very brief. Letwin and Cooper's bill only won by one vote last time, and I don't think all 27 EU states would approve another kicking the can down the road without a reason like a GE or Ref2. I think a General Election is the only way to avoid a hard Brexit, and enough Tories would put Country before Party and their own jobs to make it happen. Maybe I'm being naively optimistic.

Really?  Are you familiar with Tories?

Just now, welshbairn said:

The remainy ones will be deselected anyway.

Probably, but the only priorities for a Tory are - my job, my money, my party.  There are no other considerations for any of them.  

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If they did that I think it would be the death of the Tory Party.

This explains in some detail how difficult it could be for MPs.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/new-prime-minister-intent-no-deal-brexit-cant-be-stopped-mps-0

Rory Stewart will never win, but he’s been getting a lot of positive response on Twitter the past couple days as he seems to be planning on going around the country and chatting to folk (tweeting stuff like “come meet me in McDonalds in Barking”). Though perhaps it does beg the question of should a cabinet minister have so much spare time...

I think he ultimately suffers from the Ed Miliband problem of being a bit ‘weird’.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The VONC is feasible. 2 weeks of faffing around, General Election called for 3 weeks later, fought on the issue of a 2nd ref. If a ref 2 coalition win, they ask EU for an extension to hold it. If Boris etc win, we're fucked, but we're fucked at the moment anyway. Might mess with the MP's holidays though. 

38 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

And being an utter no mark

If I was to be stuck on a long train journey with any of these c***s I'd hope it would be him. Although after the second hour I might ask him to stop saying "I've been to Afghanistan you know!".

Apparently the BBC have announced plans for a TV debate between Tory leadership hopefuls hosted by Emily Maitlis and then a final debate between the top two candidates with Andrew Neil.

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

Apparently the BBC have announced plans for a TV debate between Tory leadership hopefuls hosted by Emily Maitlis and then a final debate between the top two candidates with Andrew Neil.

If Drogon gets one and Arya Stark gets the other that would be brilliant television.

What happens if literally every Tory MP stands as a candidate?

SO far we have

Michael Gove
23 / 313

Matt Hancock
8 / 313

Jeremy Hunt  
28 / 313

Sajid Javid
12 / 313

Boris Johnson
25 / 313

Andrea Leadsom
4 / 313

Kit Malthouse

3 / 313

Esther McVey
6 / 313

Dominic Raab
21 / 313

Rory Stewart
3 / 313

Jesus can you Imagine Neil
"Which one of you is Nigel Farage? "