Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

On 25/05/2019 at 07:54, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If they can get someone they can all unite behind, have a GE and win back the seats they lost they will no longer need the DUP and they can then sort out Brexit with the Irish sea border plan.

I'm nailing this to the wall later, do fancy giving me a hand?

images (29).jpeg

Liam Fox the disgraced former defence secretary who got caught taking his f**k buddy with him on official trips and showing him top secret documents,is welshbairn talking about that Liam Fox?

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Liam Fox the disgraced former defence secretary who got caught taking his f**k buddy with him on official trips and showing him top secret documents,is welshbairn talking about that Liam Fox?

The very same. I'm not suggesting anyone else should be as daft as me by putting money on him, just that he's got a much better chance than last time, he's learnt how to argue calmly and articulately, and knowledgeably about trade compared to the other Brexiteers, and these are strange times. He's selling himself as the compromise candidate.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yes he's very knowledgeable on trade compared to other Brexiteers.

Can you outline the trade deals he will have in place for us when we crash out on October 31st with No Deal?

I'm not trying to defend the c**t. The reason he's knowledgeable about trade is that he's learnt how impossible it is to make trade deals when nobody knows our relationship with the EU, and they won't do anything to jeopardize their own relationship with the EU which is hugely more important. I'm trying to pick an outsider out of a pack of vile characters.

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was shocked to hear Liam Fox talking sensibly on Radio 5 this morning. His years of futility seeking trade deals around the world must have educated and evolved him from the rabid Brexiteer and slavering Yoon of old. He's still both, of course, but he talked articulately of how leaving with a deal would be so much better than without, and brought in the Tory core value of a hard brexit risking the Union, without absolutely ruling out a hard brexit. He knows his stuff on trade better than any other of the Brexiteers. Could draw support from the Stop Boris at any cost lot, and some of the non swivel eyed Brexiteers. Says he's not running, but the possibility of a late entry makes a small punt at 100/1 for Party Leader seem worthwhile, 150/1 for next PM. 

This reeks of a desperate man who would happily rewrite his earlier outrageous statements about Brexit in order to be seen in a better light in the hope he's welcomed in to a prime position by whoever gets the job. Wouldn't be surprised if he did put his name up for PM, right enough.   I think the term for this behaviour is "doing a Ruthie".

On Sophy Ridge this morning promising she would take the UK out with No Deal and that technology will take care of the Irish border.

Despite that, I still wid - provided she agreed not to talk about politics before, during or after.

esthermcvey.jpg.e7ea2a2f62c2f1bcbeb2cc96a0a25b74.jpg

On Friday morning I arrived at work and opened my first Email to learn that Dr Liam Fox would be dropping by at 9.30am on a fact-finding mission set up only the day before, and at his own request.
Unfortunately his tour did not extend to meeting the troops, so the Glock pistol I keep in my desk drawer was not required.
He was en route to an energy conference in Aberdeen where no doubt the sentence 'this morning I visited a blue-chip Scottish-based company who are excited about the opportunities that await in a post-Brexit world' was aired.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anyone think Graham Brady could be the dark horse in this contest?

I was thinking he's too bland but then remembered John Major. Could slip through the middle if the big names implode. Think he's liked by the MPs. Doubt it though.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

On Sophy Ridge this morning promising she would take the UK out with No Deal and that technology will take care of the Irish border.

Despite that, I still wid - provided she agreed not to talk about politics before, during or after.

esthermcvey.jpg.e7ea2a2f62c2f1bcbeb2cc96a0a25b74.jpg

The technology doesnt exist to take care of the Irish border issue and its not even been thought of what they want to make work it is the problem with that one.  Besides that if Esther McVey or Indeed that c**t Hunt (when he throws or if he has thrown his name in) if your on the poverty line or even disabled don't expect either of these two to give any shred of sympathy for you, Boris the fact its Boris, Scotland as a whole is pretty much f**ked, he is your typical "we once ruled half the world sort of thinking Tory"and seems to still think we are.  In fact every name associated with Tory leader has disaster written all over it, the worst of it is if it came to a GE the other options are just as bad if not worse.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was thinking he's too bland but then remembered John Major. Could slip through the middle if the big names implode. Think he's liked by the MPs. Doubt it though.

Major was promoted from chancellor to PM. History could repeat itself if Hammond decided to throw his hat in the ring.

Although a remainer, he might still be a better outside bet than Liam the Fox.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Major was promoted from chancellor to PM. History could repeat itself if Hammond decided to throw his hat in the ring.

Although a remainer, he might still be a better outside bet than Liam the Fox.

Hammond has no chance, party members think he's a traitor.

Running along the bottom of Sky News just now is a note that Dominic Raab will, if elected leader, fight for a fairer deal on Brexit, a fairer deal for British workers, and a fairer society where every child can fulfill  their potential

Wow! If that's not leadership material I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

:lol:

Unlike Liam Fox?

Lets face it, the Nasty Party is finished.

The members ARE the nasty party. There is zero chance they'll vote for a Remainer.

Edited by welshbairn