The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

33 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Couldn't make it tonight, looks like a cracking crowd. How did the away end work as a singing section and what was the attendance?

Was over 15,000. Didn’t sound much singing coming through tv , which isn’t always the best indicator 

I don't think the Georgians were as bad as some are making out. I think they'd win our Championship and hold their own in the prem. 

We just happened to click for about 85 mins of the game. The new signings all did well, I thought Ojo was the pick of them.

Cosgrove's 3rd was a glorious finish and Wright's was a great team goal. 

Special mention for Dean Campbell slotting in at Lb no bother at all. 

Hopefully we play like that regularly domestically. 

Just worried where we are going to fit bryson in. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I'm not sure how Gallagher will fare domestically, to be honest. I think his energy and pace can be useful, but that he will have to improve on his close control and accuracy. We obviously have players with better quality and technique than he has at the moment, but I do understand why McInnes would value his running and pressing, especially if it simplifies the work of those around him (like McGinn and Cosgrove). I can definitely see the case for having someone like him in the 18, even if I wouldn't want him as an automatic first pick. 

Agreed on Hedges - playing with a real freedom and looks like he is comfortable centrally as well as wide. He doesn't look as diminutive or as lightweight as some others who play his position, which is an added bonus.

Gallagher's loan at Pittodrie is only until the end of the MLS season.....which ends on November 10th.

After that, who knows ?

Guest Bob Mahelp

We were very, very good last night but it's important to take into account the poor opposition. We won't get the time and space against Rijeka (or even Hearts) that we got against a Georgian team that were obviously stunned by the pace we played at.

Saying that, there were lots of good, encouraging signs.....all the new boys have slotted in seamlessly and all of them look like they'll improve the team. Ojo is going to bring a balance to the side that we've been missing since Ryan Jack (traitor snake kh*nt) left, and Hedges looks strong and fast. Bryson coming into the side will hopefully bring back the Kenny McLean type player that we need. 

Oh, and Lewis Ferguson. If he isn't playing for Scotland by the end of this season I'll be stunned. The guy is a God. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We were very, very good last night but it's important to take into account the poor opposition. We won't get the time and space against Rijeka (or even Hearts) that we got against a Georgian team that were obviously stunned by the pace we played at.

Saying that, there were lots of good, encouraging signs.....all the new boys have slotted in seamlessly and all of them look like they'll improve the team. Ojo is going to bring a balance to the side that we've been missing since Ryan Jack (traitor snake kh*nt) left, and Hedges looks strong and fast. Bryson coming into the side will hopefully bring back the Kenny McLean type player that we need. 

Oh, and Lewis Ferguson. If he isn't playing for Scotland by the end of this season I'll be stunned. The guy is a God. 

I wouldn't make any bold predictions of what we might achieve this year but on the evidence of (admittedly only the goals, I couldn't make it up) last night we certainly look like we'll be a more enjoyable team to watch, not to mention Bryson to come in and if we could get Wilson to hit form then we might be onto something.

Ojo looks great but I'll be interested to see him finding the same space and time in an SPFL game, if he can then that's a cracking signing.

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No idea how Celtic fans are going to cope this season.

Logan on the right, Leigh on the left, Ojo in the middle.

They'll be spoiled for choice. 

You sir are responsible for coffee on my laptop screen :lol:

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No no I’m sure it’s just because he’s mates with Logan

My favourite recent bout abuse of Logan I've seen from Celtic fans was after he made a c**t of himself complaining about scotrail on twitter. He was getting comments like "if he is able to lie about which train service he was using then who's to say he wasn't lying about Tonev".

🤣🤣