Selling a car privately

Hi, looking for some advice. I relative has just recently past away and my wife and i have been left an estate. Now in this estate there is a car which we do not need.

I have listed in on gumtree and Facebook but was wondering if anyone knew of any websites ( free of charge ) that are good for selling cars? We've looked at we buy any car and those types of places but the price they offer and true value dont match and we are looking to get the best deal possible..... does anyone have any suggestions or experience in selling cars?

Cheers

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I used to buy and sell cars and made a good few kid doing it,however I gave it up as the amount of arseholes trying to get cars for nothing did my head in.

I tried swap mine for a car but no-one would take them.

Need a bit more info, if it's a banger there are a couple of sites far better than "webuy" that'll come and pick it up from the house (or a relatives house if they have a 'better' postcode)

A cheap runner might go on Gumtree but you will get loads of messages from folk asking if you'll take a fiver for it.

Better cars I usually trade in.

Its a white Ford fiesta 3dr 13 plate. Only done 24,000 miles.

The wifes aunt passed away and she only used it to go into town. Mot until october, full service history. Do auto trader charge for advertising? Its a decent wee car.
Give you a fiver and a wham bar for it.

Last time I sold a car I used Autotrader and got fairly decent response. It does charge but it's not horrendous and you tend to get fewer time wasters. They also gave me a different number to hide my personal phone number and avoid the spam calls you can get. The car sold in a few days for around the £1500 mark, so got cash but would be dubious accepting payment for higher amounts- I don't trust paypal, bankers drafts as too many horror stories. 

Considering you inherited the car you seem adamant you will not pay to sell the thing.

You don't want hassle off time wasters but want to pay nothing to sell the car and get top value?

Well at least you aren't asking for too much