Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Poor stuff from Sevco at home against a smallish team that were down to 10 men.

Servette will fancy their chances in the second leg. 

But harsh on a team that haven’t lost a competitive game in four months, and are unbeaten at home for five months?

Granted they were guff tonight but they’re hardly diddy. 

Going in to the second leg with a lead, I'll take that. The forward line still hasn't clicked yet, just hope that the drama queens in our support chill out a bit.

Serviette will probably be more open at home, it's doable. 

Thought we started very well and had a drive and energy that was missing on Saturday.  Cantwell always looks dangerous when he's moving us forward.  I like the look of Lammers, he seems two footed and has quick feet.  Danilo was always looking for the ball, but his final ball when we were breaking let him down last night.  He looks very much like a player desperate to impress and making mistakes (his performance last night reminded me of Morelos' first game at Ibrox).

Not sure about Dessers and Sima.  Sima is giving me heavy Umar Sidiq vibes.

If we'd taken one of our chances and gone 3 up then i think the game is done, their keepers save from Lammers was Goram-esque.  The penalty looked like a pen to me, so no complaints there.  The red card almost worked against us as they just shut up shop and we struggled to play through the 2 banks of 5.  I think we'll score over there.

As @bennett said, we look very much like a team of new players getting to know each other at the moment, we had some lovely one touch passing moves that broke down at the edge of the box with players making the wrong choice or turning the wrong way, but I'm hopeful that it will come together.

Nice to see Cifuentes as well, he looks like he wants to be moving forward with the ball when he has it.

We needed a complete overhaul, and we were told by many we needed one as well so when that happens it’s not surprising is it?

The language is funny as well but not unexpected. Those 5 top scorers that were ‘emptied’ included Morelos who had no intention of staying, Tillman who we wanted to stay but, again, didn’t want to return and Arfield who is now 34.

The others were Colak and Sakala who everyone pretty much stated weren’t good enough. Context paints a different story but as I said, the language isn’t surprising.

Edited by AJF

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

That’s a beautiful boot. Well aimed and nicely followed through. If anything the boy should be rewarded.

Well, he did get a card.

Only saw the second half as on taxi duty.

Not impressed by the Rangers performance. Second leg could be a struggle.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

we look very much like a team of new players getting to know each other at the moment, we had some lovely one touch passing moves that broke down at the edge of the box with players making the wrong choice or turning the wrong way, but I'm hopeful that it will come together.

I tend to agree with you, but the constant problem for Rangers is that you don't have time. I'd imagine you'll have little time on the training pitch because of the frequency of games leading up to the International window and so unfortunately for your mob with important games in that period (Servette, Celtic and potentially PSV) it's a question of how much damage will be done.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I tend to agree with you, but the constant problem for Rangers is that you don't have time. I'd imagine you'll have little time on the training pitch because of the frequency of games leading up to the International window and so unfortunately for your mob with important games in that period (Servette, Celtic and potentially PSV) it's a question of how much damage will be done.

*cough*

League Cup 😉

With Servette missing a lot a players Rangers missed an opportunity to put the tie to bed before going into the second leg. I don’t think it will be costly for them and see them getting past this mob. 

Out of all their new signings Cifuentes looks as though he could be a pler. 

33 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

With Servette missing a lot a players Rangers missed an opportunity to put the tie to bed before going into the second leg. I don’t think it will be costly for them and see them getting past this mob. 

Out of all their new signings Cifuentes looks as though he could be a pler. 

He was streets ahead of any of the new players last night, and only played for a short spell.