Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Bern is a tremendous City to go for a bevvy, especially in and around the old town. Police here can be brutal towards football fans and I'd expect them to be out in force if big numbers travel. Good team with no stars. The way they play I would expect them to create a lot of problems for Rangers, particularly down the Rangers right if Tavernier is put up against Assale. A lot will depend on the fitness of Hoarau through the middle though. If he is 100% he is as good as a goal start.

Edited by Ross.

It will be interesting if it continues domestically and stops in Europe. It will put a lot of pressure on the spfl and sfa.

This is the crucial point. There is every possibility that Sunday’s game will turn out to be a huge Sashbash with the Peepul desperate to give UEFA a big GIRFUY, especially if Sevco turn over the other cheek. The Songbook will get a full, lusty airing as the bigots believe they can do what they like at domestic games.
Petrie, Doncaster and Maxwell have their balls in a vice politically as UEFA can also sanction football associations, not just clubs.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It will be interesting if it continues domestically and stops in Europe. It will put a lot of pressure on the spfl and sfa.

Well we'd all hope so.  The Rangers fans who post on here would like both the SPFL and the SFA to take a similar approach to UEFA's.

34 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Bern is a tremendous City to go for a bevvy, especially in and around the old town. Police here can be brutal towards football fans and I'd expect them to be out in force if big numbers travel. Good team with no stars. The way they play I would expect them to create a lot of problems for Rangers, particularly down the Rangers right if Tavernier is put up against Assale. A lot will depend on the fitness of Hoarau through the middle though. If he is 100% he is as good as a goal start.

Eight games in Europe and six clean sheets this season.  Our defence isn't that bad.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eight games in Europe and six clean sheets this season.  Our defence isn't that bad.

YB, going by the way they have started this season at least, will be a step up from anything you have played to date. Very unlucky not to have made the Champions League, the Red Star keeper should be set up for life if they give him a fair bonus for his team getting there instead!

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

YB, going by the way they have started this season at least, will be a step up from anything you have played to date. Very unlucky not to have made the Champions League, the Red Star keeper should be set up for life if they give him a fair bonus for his team getting there instead!

They will be, of course, but I am sure, when the balls were pulled out the hat, I heard a mutter of 'oh scheiße' from our big Oberland pals.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

They will be, of course, but I am sure, when the balls were pulled out the hat, I heard a mutter of 'oh scheiße' from our big Oberland pals.

I only know one YB fan and he was hoping to play either Celtic or Rangers. Very bullish about their chances. Will certainly make for an interesting tie.

Would fully recommend heading there for it, and staying away from the football traffic when in the city. It really is a fantastic city to get lost in for a day(and night).

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I only know one YB fan and he was hoping to play either Celtic or Rangers. Very bullish about their chances. Will certainly make for an interesting tie.

Would fully recommend heading there for it, and staying away from the football traffic when in the city. It really is a fantastic city to get lost in for a day(and night).

FFS Ross - that would involve me actually going to a football game!  (the last Euro away match I went to was in 2001 when we battered PSG 0-0 with Mo Ross and Russell Latapy in our team).

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

FFS Ross - that would involve me actually going to a football game!  (the last Euro away match I went to was in 2001 when we battered PSG 0-0 with Mo Ross and Russell Latapy in our team).

You might get lucky, this might be the game Rangers refuse to take tickets for. Given it will be the one with the most expensive pints, that would seem a sensible middle ground for them to work from.

Yup.

The fans on here wouldn't mind the SFA to enforce stadium closures as long as it doesn't affect their illegal RTV stream when a game is on.

Hence, they know eff-all about what really happens in and around the grounds, home or away.

Glad we got there in the end.

See you in the Scotland's Shame thread on Sunday for some more cognitive dissonance, lads.

3 minutes ago, IggyStooge said:

Yup.

The fans on here wouldn't mind the SFA to enforce stadium closures as long as it doesn't affect their illegal RTV stream when a game is on.

Illegal RTV stream?  Is this an accusation on the same level of stealing water from Ibrox Parish Church?

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The rangers fans on here are generally reasonable people but I don’t think it’s as representative as you would have us believe.

I am pretty sure that the Rangers fans are fairly typical.  Whether it's a carrot or a stick approach there is a general sense that we need to change things.

Edited by The_Kincardine