Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

I haven't seen the goal tonight but I've noticed in the past that he seems to prefer 'celebrating' his goals in front of opposition fans.
Strange.

In what universe is that strange? There’s quite simply no better feeling than dishing out the GIRFUY’s when you score to put your team ahead. I’d imagine even more so when you’re playing professionally as well.

He doesn't score in the big games, they said.....

Joint top of the group with two games to go, pretty decent considering the level of opposition and better than I expected.  

Carried our luck a bit at times with McGregor and Kamara keeping us in it but we took our chances and Sevco'd them back to the stone age. 

The usual hurting suspects just make this a lot more sweeter. 

Thought Rangers were appalling until the goal and then absolutely strolled it afterwards. What a strike from Morelos.

That first half would get football stopped though, just such poor standard for a European match.

Think I must be going nuts because everyone keeps saying Rangers are through if they win at Feyenoord. I mean they’d be almost through for sure but Rangers, Porto and Young Boys could all still finish on 10 points, which would mean it would come down to head-to-head goal difference in the matches between the three sides.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Thought Rangers were appalling until the goal and then absolutely strolled it afterwards. What a strike from Morelos.

That first half would get football stopped though, just such poor standard for a European match.

Think I must be going nuts because everyone keeps saying Rangers are through if they win at Feyenoord. I mean they’d be almost through for sure but Rangers, Porto and Young Boys could all still finish on 10 points, which would mean it would come down to head-to-head goal difference in the matches between the three sides.

If we do win in Rotterdam (and I'm not predicting we will) then we'd be ahead of both Porto and Feyenoord wrt head to head and, as I understand it, that trumps goal difference if all three do finish on equal points.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

If we do win in Rotterdam (and I'm not predicting we will) then we'd be ahead of both Porto and Feyenoord wrt head to head and, as I understand it, that trumps goal difference if all three do finish on equal points.

Being ahead of Feyenoord on head-to-head would be irrelevant as they wouldn’t have 10 points. You’d be tied with Porto and Young Boys (IF and big IF Rangers beat Feyenoord, Porto beat Young Boys, Porto beat Feyenoord and Young Boys beat Rangers)

It goes down to head-to-head points between sides in question, which would see all tied again on 6. It would then go to head-to-head GD, which won’t be known until all the games have been played. Right now it’s:

Rangers + 1

Young Boys 0

Porto - 1

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Being ahead of Feyenoord on head-to-head would be irrelevant as they wouldn’t have 10 points. You’d be tied with Porto and Young Boys (IF and big IF Rangers beat Feyenoord, Porto beat Young Boys, Porto beat Feyenoord and Young Boys beat Rangers)

It goes down to head-to-head points between sides in question, which would see all tied again on 6. It would then go to head-to-head GD, which won’t be known until all the games have been played. Right now it’s:

No.  You're conflating HTH and GD to invent a new means of deciding how teams should be differentiated.

We're already ahead of Porto on HTH as we've won 1 and drawn 1.

50 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No.  You're conflating HTH and GD to invent a new means of deciding how teams should be differentiated.

We're already ahead of Porto on HTH as we've won 1 and drawn 1.

No, you’re just unaware of what happens when three sides finish on equal points. You’d beat Porto on HTH but they’d beat Young Boys on HTH and Young Boys would beat Rangers on HTH.

9 minutes ago, charger29 said:

I believe poet of the macabre is right.

Assuming the aim is simply to qualify, two draws on the next matchday is better than a Rangers win + Porto win.

If we draw and Porto don't win then we are through on the next matchday. Then it's beat YB at Ibrox to win the group.