Dundee United 2019/2020

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

What personal agenda do you think it suggests and why is it necessary to seek conspiracy behind every statement? Asghar is Neilson's boss. If he wanted to get rid of him then there are much more straightforward and constructive ways he could go about it.

PMS, you are mentioning a conspiracy, you'd have to explain that one if you could.

In answer to the personal agenda query, Asghar has used his personal social media rather than that of the club, to make points about the club. If you post on your personal social media account, would it not normally be because you are making personal points, hence my reference to personal agenda?

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

PMS, you are mentioning a conspiracy, you'd have to explain that one if you could.

In answer to the personal agenda query, Asghar has used his personal social media rather than that of the club, to make points about the club. If you post on your personal social media account, would it not normally be because you are making personal points, hence my reference to personal agenda?

Let's be honest now, the suggestion that someone has a personal agenda, as opposed to a professional agenda, implies something untoward or clandestine. In this case, on the face of it, the worst that can be said is that he used the wrong social media account. So what?

Of course he has an agenda. We all have an agenda.

On Asghar's Twitter comments, I fail to see what the problem is.

He was commenting as United' s Sporting Director. It wouldn't be through United's Twitter, that would be a "United comment" (I know what I mean, probably no one else will!!!) He was very fair, waited and for me was measured.

At no time did he throw anyone under a bus, criticise anyone. He stated that the players and staff were aware the performance was not acceptable.

He then states a planned Q&A is being brought forward. Team captain there so that they can convey fans thoughts.

He is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. Now the performance against EF was rightly criticised, and lots of angry posts and tweets allowing the EF game to feel like it lasted, as social media has managed with all games, for days. He has previously said he reads the forums, United Facebook comments and United related tweets. He gave a response, much as the lad from Motherwell does or indeed Lianne Dempster has done in the past. There have been massive complaints that those running the club don't listen & we don't know what they think. We have one telling us and there are calls its wrong. We either want comment or we don't, at the moment it looks like as a fanbase we complain legitimately but also moan for the sake of it at the moment

" No one listens"/"what they listening to them for"

" No one speaks to us!"/"whats he commenting for?"

One complaint I do have is Neilson & Asghar talked about getting the right mindset in players. The EF game makes the squad look like they still have the attitude that these teams are beneath them and they don't have to exert 100% to win. As professionals they should have the mentality and knowledge that anything less than 100% is not good enough irrespective of the opposition.

Edited by Tannadeechee

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Its not one bad result. We were bang average Jan to March, TBF hit a bit of form at the close of the season before not turning up to a playoff final.

The league cup isnt pre season. The W1 D1 L1 against East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton was pre season.

A decent result against Hearts, a shite performance against Stenhousemuir and a comfortable win over Cowdenbeath arent enough for me to write off Tuesday as an aberration.

The results are one thing.  Thats before you get into money and wages blown on players he doesnt play.

I think you're being generous.

We've been increasingly shite since deadline day in Jan/Feb 2015. That's not the fault of the new owners/management, but they have to accept that fans are fed up with it, and are likely to react badly to every poor result when we're in such a state.

On 22/07/2019 at 23:07, The Real Saints said:

As any sane person would have realised a long time ago, Stevie May is about to sign a three-year contract at St. Johnstone. Know your place. Don't get ideas above your station ever again.

This aged well