Dundee United 2019/2020

How many do you think he will score next season? 
The million dollar question.

If he is deployed in the right way (not out wide and not up front on his own) and if he stays fit (our luck will see him injured in his first training session and will be out for 3 months) there's no reason to think he can't hit 20+

This (if it goes through, because it's not a done deal yet) is a better signing than Safranko imo.

I'm anxious about RN getting the best out of him. And our previous bad experiences with injury prone players coupled with his injury last season makes me tread ever more carefully. 

However the club must be congratulated on what is, on paper, a good bit of business. Every signing is a gamble and to get last season's championship top scorer is unquestionably worth a go. A signing I'd have been happy to make even if we'd got promoted last season.

Hopefully he can hit the ground running, and would be good to get a few goals under his belt early in the campaign

Assuming this all goes through without a hitch, it's a commendable show of ambition by the club.

On the pitch, getting the most out of Shankland is going to necessitate a change in how we play. If (part of me worries this is a big if) we play in a way that suits him, I'd be hopeful he can get 20+ goals this season.

26 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Is that because he told you lot to f**k off last year?

We refused to pay his club more than half of what you've apparently offered as a signing on fee. We never got to speak to the player. 

By all accounts though, he was set to tell us to f**k off.

A true coup by United!

Having to fight against all the other bids from...

emm.....

yeah.....

and then there was the offer from.....

ummmm.....

Anyway, well done United! I hope you make this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.