Modern Mysteries Explained

a thread for explanations behind pressing matters of the day, tropes, popular misconceptions and the like:

#01 - why are Americans often perceived as being morbidly obese:

Fans lucky enough to score tickets to the Stanley Cup Final in Boston are in for a real treat or 12 at the TD Garden concession stands thanks to a creative set of offerings fit for a champion.

The Big Bad Burger, which is a double cheeseburger topped with bacon, fried jalapenos and crispy onions sandwiched between two glazed doughnuts, is just one of the eye-popping confections that are being rolled out for the Stanley Cup Final.

image.png.9b31f1df5aaa0ed291a516c2a276a8cd.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Maple syrup on bacon 

Maple syrup on bacon is food of the gods. As it is on sweet potato fries. 

The only food combination that surpasses it is Meth Bacon. Bacon with worcester sauce and brown sugar. 

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Maple syrup on bacon is food of the gods. As it is on sweet potato fries. 

The only food combination that surpasses it is Meth Bacon. Bacon with worcester sauce and brown sugar. 

Dear god no...I'm sticking to bacon on a roll with a squirt of brown sauce.

why are the septics morbidly obese?

canada.png.aed781192c8d09888bdc92c0811eefac.png

many years ago Canuck scientists discovered that the weight of the ice in the Yukon and the Rockies was causing Canada to sink and the States to rise. So a plan was hatched to make the Yanks fat as phuq as a counterweight. Colonel Sanders was actually a Colonel in the Mounties, Ronald McDonald comes from British Colombia and Burger King was originally Le Roi Burgeur, a Quebec franchise.

a thread for explanations behind pressing matters of the day, tropes, popular misconceptions and the like:
#01 - why are Americans often perceived as being morbidly obese:
Fans lucky enough to score tickets to the Stanley Cup Final in Boston are in for a real treat or 12 at the TD Garden concession stands thanks to a creative set of offerings fit for a champion.
The Big Bad Burger, which is a double cheeseburger topped with bacon, fried jalapenos and crispy onions sandwiched between two glazed doughnuts, is just one of the eye-popping confections that are being rolled out for the Stanley Cup Final.
image.png.9b31f1df5aaa0ed291a516c2a276a8cd.png
Just no. For the record, I'm a fat b*****d but there's no way that thing should ever be allowed.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Was in a place in Naples florida that did a burger like that, the guy ‘recommended it’ as a signature meal, couldnt understand why I thought it sounded obscene.

We have a pizza place near us that offers something similar as an "If you can eat the whole thing, it's free" promo kind of deal. I once asked the waiter if anyone had ever managed it. He told me "Nobody's ever even ordered it - it's fucking gross."

On 28/05/2019 at 19:16, The OP said:

While we’re slagging off American sugary food Hersheys chocolate tastes like vomit.

It's odd- Hershey was a bit of a philathropist and apparently treated his workers well. 

on the other hand Forrest Mars was a complete b*****d. Guess whose chocolate tastes better. 

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:16, The OP said:

While we’re slagging off American sugary food Hersheys chocolate tastes like vomit.

A girl in my work said this last night.

Guest Moomintroll
Anybody solved the mystery of why all younger girls faces are silver these days?
Sparkly cement dust? You, of all people, should be at the vanguard of this social phenomenon.

Archived