League Cup Group F

Reid

I think Clyde have the weirdest supporters in Scottish football. They are as thick as junior fans, as angry as Rangers fans and as deluded as Celtic fans. They champion a rapist, support a racist and revel in the death of a popular Scottish football legend. 
It was hilarious watching them working themselves into a frenzy over Wednesday’s game. They looked devastated when they were leaving Firhill at full time. Our fans couldn’t have cared less.

you see the flaw in your post if you couldnt care less why do you need to come on here and tell us all [emoji23]

I dont care about clyde , right im going on the internet to tell them [emoji23]

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

2-0 Airdrie, Roy

Good finish TBF, Accies look like we've never seen a ball before & ain't scoring 3 goals to win this game.

That's us out.

Nothing like having confidence in your team!!!

First half just want to forget that the worst I've seen for a long long time. Dat defence. Second half was better but doesn't paper over the cracks. We need a centre half . And a number 10. Alston just wont do imo. 4 goals in 2 games for young Cunningham his confidence must be through the roof. Lewis Smith is our next star btw. Fon William's doesn't fill me with confidence either. Gonna be a long season unless we improve this squad.

The first half was more worrying than the second half was encouraging.
The left side of Want and McMann was embarrassingly bad, MacKinnon put in his worst performance in a long, long time, McGowan contributed nothing going forward and had a(nother) brain fart for the first goal, and it's alarming if Rice sees Alston as our primary creator.
I actually thought that was McKenna's best game so far. He's the only one I'd consider pass marks for.
A soft penalty, a stupid handball and a wonder goal shouldn't cover up a fairly appalling (first half)/lacklustre (second half) performance.
One positive is that I don't there there is a single Premiership team who's satisfied with their Betfred campaign.

One positive is that I don't there there is a single Premiership team who's satisfied with their Betfred campaign.

Whilst accepting the general gist that a lot of teams are still competing pre season in effect, Ross County and Motherwell both took 12 points from their groups. Guess they're fairly satisfied.

Goodwillie was found, on the balance of probability, to have raped someone. Rape isn’t getting in a fight or even drink driving - it’s the most vile act that can be committed. 

That Clyde employ this guy still genuinely baffles me and I’m astonished that Clyde fans can a) seem to take pleasure in singing the guy’s name and b) ask us all to not mention it / expect opposition fans not to shout abuse at the guy. Given that he has never expressed any remorse for what he did he deserves every single piece of abuse flung his way. 

Rank person. Diddy club. 

Why would he express remorse for something of which he believes he is innocent?

Should never have went to civil court, it’s a disgrace to label someone a rapist without having to worry about evidence and just going on balance of probability.

36 minutes ago, Accies88 said:

First half just want to forget that the worst I've seen for a long long time. Dat defence. Second half was better but doesn't paper over the cracks. We need a centre half . And a number 10. Alston just wont do imo. 4 goals in 2 games for young Cunningham his confidence must be through the roof. Lewis Smith is our next star btw. Fon William's doesn't fill me with confidence either. Gonna be a long season unless we improve this squad.

Was very impressed with Cunningham at the game last Saturday

7 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Why would he express remorse for something of which he believes he is innocent?

Should never have went to civil court, it’s a disgrace to label someone a rapist without having to worry about evidence and just going on balance of probability.

“Should never have went to civil court.” 

I don’t know if Scotland’s law lords or the Cabinet Secretary for Justice read Pie and Bovril, but if they do I hope they take heed of this damning and informed legal analysis from a man called Clyde01 from the internet. 

Whilst accepting the general gist that a lot of teams are still competing pre season in effect, Ross County and Motherwell both took 12 points from their groups. Guess they're fairly satisfied.

Probably Livi too.
And Hibs.

I really should've just said the two Saints, Hearts and ourselves are shite. Potentially Killie as well.

First half Airdrie were completely in control looking fantastic in the process. The first goal was coming and it was no surprise we scored when we did. I thought the Hamilton keeper looked a bit poor at the second but maybe I’m being harsh. 

Second half was an absolute disaster with only one team looking like doing anything all half. The first penalty looked soft but I have to be honest and say I would be appealing for it had the been the other way around. The big decision was the booking for Hamilton’s number 2. Looked a stone wall red card and some terrible refereeing continued when he flashed the yellow card. The second penalty was a hand ball home side could have no complaints then I’m sure the Hamilton 99 missed an absolute sitter which should have made it 3-2. A  late strike saw Hamilton win it thanks to the number 99 this time but I feel Hutton could have done better with that one also.

Tremendous first half followed by an abysmal second half and whilst I think the referee was garbage most of the game (our free kick that led to our second looked soft too wasn’t all one way) Airdrie still have a lot of work to do defensively this season 

Assume, like us, Clyde just want tomorrow over with, with no injuries? Some comedy and a win would be nice, but it's ultimately a knockabout. 

A win would put us into third so a good morale boost for the SAFC game. Plus a bit more prize money.

When I first saw the group I genuinely thought it would be a UK Eurovision for us. Mark and the guys have done exceptionally well.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A win would put us into third so a good morale boost for the SAFC game. Plus a bit more prize money.

When I first saw the group I genuinely thought it would be a UK Eurovision for us. Mark and the guys have done exceptionally well.

Prize money is a good point, aye. Just hoping we can get through with the squad unscathed. I wouldn't be risking anyone who even feels a wee twinge. Hopefully Jamieson is a short term one. He's been colossal in his first few outings. 

My hope was to avoid batterings, but we've been excellent. Hopefully get a look at our new continental star, tomorrow as well. I don't like to read too much into these games, but it looks like we have a squad that can compete. As I've said, previously, I'd like a couple of older heads in there for when the going gets tough. Don't need to be world beaters, but just guys who've sat the exam paper.