The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anyone watching the Norwich game? If so, can anyone else hear an annoying sound like applause? I thought it was rain but it doesn't appear to be raining.

Yeah I heard it as well. I assumed it was coming from the actual crowd, even though it seemed to go on non stop. 

Pot calls kettle black - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55380807

Wales international Ched Evans is leaving Fleetwood Town because of "discipline and behaviour" issues, says manager Joey Barton. 

Barton told BBC Radio Lancashire: "There's been multiple infractions.

"We always try to give a bit of leeway but it's just run its course. There has to be a change of scenery for him."

Barton said he liked and respected Evans, but felt "it's got to the point where you have to act if someone keeps crossing the line".

"What has happened will stay in our dressing room," Barton added. "It's nothing major, it's just a number of things that have gone on recently.

"He's no longer with us and he'll leave the building due to his discipline and his behaviour."

😲

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Pot calls kettle black - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55380807

Wales international Ched Evans is leaving Fleetwood Town because of "discipline and behaviour" issues, says manager Joey Barton. 

Barton told BBC Radio Lancashire: "There's been multiple infractions.

"We always try to give a bit of leeway but it's just run its course. There has to be a change of scenery for him."

Barton said he liked and respected Evans, but felt "it's got to the point where you have to act if someone keeps crossing the line".

"What has happened will stay in our dressing room," Barton added. "It's nothing major, it's just a number of things that have gone on recently.

"He's no longer with us and he'll leave the building due to his discipline and his behaviour."

😲

Maybe Evans was trying to behave well and didn't fit in.

Watford, 5th in the Championship,  sack Ivic after 4 months - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55381160
4th managerial sacking in a year - another ridiculous decision!

Albeit sporadically, but when i had seen efl highlights, they were picking up decent results. If you consider how some teams drop from the epl and slump down that league, 5th at this stage doesn’t seem too bad. The 4 teams above them are on a good run of form as well. Does their chairman/owner not have form for this during his time at udinese?

Just now, buchan30 said:

Albeit sporadically, but when i had seen efl highlights, they were picking up decent results. If you consider how some teams drop from the epl and slump down that league, 5th at this stage doesn’t seem too bad. The 4 teams above them are on a good run of form as well. Does their chairman/owner not have form for this during his time at udinese?

I agree and, yes, the owners do have form for this.

So Watford have appointed a Spanish coach from Dinamo Tblisi the Georgian league - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55388296.

"Former Valencia, Levante and Real Betis winger Xisco, 40, becomes the Hornets' fifth manager in just over a year."

I'm struggling to see how he will do much better than Ivic.

I see Sunderland are now owned by a 22 year old Frenchman. The son of the former owner of Marseille. Going by the fan reaction on Twitter this is the greatest news ever and they'll soon be climbing up the divisions. I can't but help feel it'll just be another owner and another false dawn for them.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I see Sunderland are now owned by a 22 year old Frenchman. The son of the former owner of Marseille. Going by the fan reaction on Twitter this is the greatest news ever and they'll soon be climbing up the divisions. I can't but help feel it'll just be another owner and another false dawn for them.

Well, unlike Stewart Donald, it sounds like the kid actually has the money to spend.

On 24/12/2020 at 22:34, Gianfranco said:

Imagine being 22 and owning a football team. I for one would have irresponsible AF at 22.

I was.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Imagine being 22 year old absolutely loaded and moving to Sunderland. 

I can’t be the only one who thinks this has “scenes” and “disaster” written all over it Shirley?

On 24/12/2020 at 19:19, NorthernLights said:

Sunderland supporters would welcome a takeover by Ian Huntley if they thought it would improve their league status.