The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

Just now, mizfit said:

IMG_6954.jpg

Aye, well there's that too.

A horrendous bunch of fans. Made the mistake of reading their forum to see their thoughts on McNamara near the start of the season.

It was not a nice place.

Aye, well there's that too.
A horrendous bunch of fans. Made the mistake of reading their forum to see their thoughts on McNamara near the start of the season.
It was not a nice place.

Sadly for any decent Millwall fan there’s 10 who just revel in oppositions hatred of them.

The FA Need to step in, they can’t keep getting away with being c***s.

Utterly despicable. Imagine being that much of a racist w**k that, after 9 months of not being able to go to the football, the first thing you do is boo anti-racism campaigns. 
I'm watching SSN just now and they're persisting with the 'minority' pish. There were only 2000 people there, and the booing certainly doesn't sound like it's coming from just a handful of people. 

At the same time I noticed the same programme show the reaction at the West Ham v Man U game and claim it was immaculately observed when it clearly wasn’t.
No excuses for the Millwall fans behaviour but I do think that the point has been too long made now and we need to move onto other ways of supporting a good cause....

Millwall do sort of serve a purpose in that they provide a home for fat bald racist pavement-dancers. A points deduction would be richly deserved though. And funny. A truly vile football club.

I didn’t realise they had a large support base in Kent. That sums it all up.

Kent is full of c***s.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

IMG_6954.jpg

I dislike Anarchists, I despise Anti-Semitism, I dismiss the Far Left & Marxist types as much as I dismiss the likes of Griffin & Yaxley-Lennon as hate filled rabble rousers. The true purpose of BLM is not about people who will predictably hijack any suitable cause, it is about fighting racial injustice that is still prevalent today & that needs to be stopped quickly. The fact that these cretins feel emboldened enough to boo taking a knee and then come out with a "statement" like that tells us all we need to know about how far we have to go yet to eradicate this evil from our society.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

At the same time I noticed the same programme show the reaction at the West Ham v Man U game and claim it was immaculately observed when it clearly wasn’t.
No excuses for the Millwall fans behaviour but I do think that the point has been too long made now and we need to move onto other ways of supporting a good cause....

Has racial discrimination ended? If not, I don't think it's too long.

Has racial discrimination ended? If not, I don't think it's too long.

Hmm, let’s take a selective element of a sentence to completely change the context in order to suggest something completely different is being said because it doesn’t suit my agenda.

Let me be clear, as someone who is not white Caucasian and grew up in a society that was even more racially institutionalised than it is today, I abhor racism.

However, that doesn’t mean that I have to support a shady political movement that believes in civil disobedience to do so...

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hmm, let’s take a selective element of a sentence to completely change the context in order to suggest something completely different is being said because it doesn’t suit my agenda.

Let me be clear, as someone who is not white Caucasian and grew up in a society that was even more racially institutionalised than it is today, I abhor racism.

However, that doesn’t mean that I have to support a shady political movement that believes in civil disobedience to do so...

racist

Millwall literally put out a statement before the game to say that "taking the knee" was not linked to any political movement and was merely an act of solidarity to highlight injustice and inequality. The defence that kneeling is something to do with rioting, a Marxist ideology (I mean seriously, WTF is that about) or civil disobedience is a shite argument and you know this, as do the Millwall fans who booed and those racist apologists on social media.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Millwall literally put out a statement before the game to say that "taking the knee" was not linked to any political movement and was merely an act of solidarity to highlight injustice and inequality. The defence that kneeling is something to do with rioting, a Marxist ideology (I mean seriously, WTF is that about) or civil disobedience is a shite argument and you know this, as do the Millwall fans who booed and those racist apologists on social media.

Erm since when did fucking Millwall or any other football club become the voice of authority on what should or shouldn't be associated with a public gesture? Let's be absolutely clear about this: Millwall produced that statement as a mealy-mouthed attempt to stave off trouble from their racist fans. That was the sole purpose of the exercise and it has failed. 

I have zero sympathy for football clubs on this. They instated the gesture as a direct result of events in the US that came to be associated with the BLM movement. BLM is a protest organisation with broad political goals: not the crackpot ones that Millwall fans associate with it, though not some apolitical talking shop. And they've got every right to be that.

Football and footballers latched onto the bandwagon of a protest movement that they were too thick to fully understand. Now the leagues have stepped in again to try and capture the gesture for their vacuous 'say no to racism' partner organisations alone several months down the line. It's too late for that to be the only legitimate interpretation though. They should have either stuck to their guns or quietly ditched the exercise at the start of the new season: the halfway house that they have produced achieves next to nothing.

Absolutely shocking statement from millwall pre-match, stating that the world is watching, and they want them to fail!

Fucking nonsense, and pandering to the moronic element of their fanbase.

Fortunately the boos were kept to a minimum, and drowned out by a much louder cheer. I didn't see any Millwall players taking the knee (again - they've buckled), but plenty of qpr players did, as did the refs.

Colchester chairman seems to have handled things much better, by telling fans not to turn up, and that they can get a refund if they don't support the players when they take the knee.

Chair takes the knee for a celebration and it's met with boos from the c***s among the Millwall support. No excessively loud music played to drown it out this time.

I'm sure Millwall will release a statement saying the player was provoking their fans.

Scum of a club.