Scotland vs England - June 9th, 5pm

9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Sitting in their England tops I think they are confused as what the difference is between England and Britain, often the BBC are liable to the same thing 

Short for Great Britain, which is simply the name of the largest island of the British Isles (or in a rather dodgy political sense, the UK minus NI).  

Yet despite the UK having hundreds of other islands, they have the ignorance to call the UK Olympic representatives 'Team GB'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

It's difficult this.  

I'm absurdly finding myself favouring the notion of just giving a foul if ball strikes arm.  I don't think that's fair either, but it beats this current nonsense whereby the judgement has it that the defender has done something wrong, when she demonstrably hasn't.

Preferable to either though, would allow for sense regarding intent to re-enter the equation, as has been the case for nearly all of footballing history.

Most changes in recent decades have, to me, been positive, such as those regarding pass-backs and offside.  The handball developments though, are a big problem.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Scotland players have England flag on their shirt. Dont see Scotland flag on England shirts?

That’ll be entirely up to each team - ie doing souvenir type match shirts for the girls - not a FIFA directive or anything. Some MNT’s do them, some don’t 

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Thought that was more of a handball than the earlier one

Shortly before that, the England RB clearly controlled the ball with her arm, played on, and England ended up attacking. All the officials missed it.

If England had scored, how far back are they allowed to go with VAR to decide whether or not a goal should stand?

11 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Would imagine that at some point there will be chaos in a massive game due to the rule leading to it being altered a little, it's clearly far too strict and stupid as it is.

Yes, can you imagine such a thing happening in the men's World Cup final for instance?

25 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I fucking hate VAR

25 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

F*ck off VAR

24 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

VAR going against Scotland how typical,  this penalty to be the first of 3 or 4 for England.

As shite as VAR is. This was a fucking daft rule change from FIFA that fucked it here.