The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Who is the man for the job? You didn’t like Kirk either

Can someone from the board please explain why Price got the job out of supposedly 104 very good applicants because a 37% win ratio when he was at Elgin says it all.That takes us to mid to bottom of the highland league.

9 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Did Price get the job because he’s got money,it’s certainly not for his football brain.The slippery slope continues and he’s not the man for the job.

Hate to say it but maybe he has a point here ? 2 games simmy was incharge we were brilliant. Then price comes in and we put in 2 poor performances and loose his first 2 games incharge 

Citydiehard doesn’t like anyone as we know but I don’t know why Price got the job either.  His record at Elgin wasn’t great particularly the last two seasons where they finished second bottom both years.

Kirk was the best manager we’ve had in years and there’s nothing that makes me think Price is going to be anything other than a huge downgrade.  Will be delighted to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it.

29 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Citydiehard doesn’t like anyone as we know but I don’t know why Price got the job either.  His record at Elgin wasn’t great particularly the last two seasons where they finished second bottom both years.

Kirk was the best manager we’ve had in years and there’s nothing that makes me think Price is going to be anything other than a huge downgrade.  Will be delighted to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it.

Kirk is miles better than Price

32 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Citydiehard doesn’t like anyone as we know but I don’t know why Price got the job either...

As an outsider looking in I vaguely remember reading a post claiming that he was paying some players wages at Elgin because he is quite well off through owning a hotel business in Aberfeldy. Reminded me of rumours of what was happening with Max Christie and going further back Allan McGonigal at Bo'ness United. Not necessarily a bad approach if the manager in question is competent and a couple of players funded that way can make a big difference.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

As an outsider looking in I vaguely remember reading a post claiming that he was paying some players wages at Elgin because he is quite well off through owning a hotel business in Aberfeldy. Reminded me of rumours of what was happening with Max Christie and going further back Allan McGonigal at Bo'ness United. Not necessarily a bad approach if the manager in question is competent and a couple of players funded that way can make a big difference.

That possibly says more about how badly Elgin were run .

5 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Hate to say it but maybe he has a point here ? 2 games simmy was incharge we were brilliant. Then price comes in and we put in 2 poor performances and loose his first 2 games incharge 

The next 3 games against Huntly, Brora & BOD will define our season. Nothing more than 9 points will suffice in my eyes.

11 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

No he didn’t, his first was against Keith in the midweek when the lights went out. 

Formartine are league title challengers and the broch won the league the season before last, let’s not dress these games up as if they were against the dross of the league they weren’t. And as other have said Andy didn’t exactly have the measure of Fraserburgh either, our only loss last season was at NLP. 

I can’t say been impressed with the football played the last 3 games, but it’s always going to be hard coming into a club where the going has been so good and trying to continue that. But we need 9 points to finish off the year, if not I’ll join the grumbling voices. 

On 10/12/2023 at 17:41, MonTheHedge said:

It’s 6 in the last 3 since Price has been in, I share your concern. 

I'm not entirely blaming Lenny for all the goals conceded but he is making too many errors costing us goals - I think we need a decent loan signing for that position. I don't believe Jamie McCabe is the answer either.

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

I'm not entirely blaming Lenny for all the goals conceded but he is making too many errors costing us goals - I think we need a decent loan signing for that position. I don't believe Jamie McCabe is the answer either.

Just came on here to say the same having just watched the highlights for Saturday lenny looks to have cost us most of those goals think mccabe needs to get a chance against huntly this week. The way Dean Easton is playing for lochee just now it may have been a mistake letting him go 

I actually thought the opposite after seeing the highlights. At the game I had given Lenny the blame for a couple of the goals but don’t think it was as bad as seemed at the time. Short back pass for the 4th goal, okay once he gets there he could do better but blame has to lie with the pass. 

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When did Brechin City start issuing programmes on a regular basis? Was it 1970/71 or 71/72?

The word "regular" gives me problems.  I've got BCFC programmes for 71/72.  None for 70/71.  But have one for a league game in 1968 and earlier for Scot Cup games.  I'm certain they are all games I attended but I'm by no means a supporter of the Club..  Hope this may help answer your question.