The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

I think we are a lot further on than the likes of BOD, Buckie & Brora however with the lack of GPs in the North East it is a real issue for us. The SPFL clubs that don't meet the criteria have all been warned but I'm unsure if they have to be qualified for next season. 

The deadline is 1st July - the 5 SPFL clubs I understand are Cove, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Airdrie & Peterhead however this was as of July last year so maybe not current.

27 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

The deadline is 1st July - the 5 SPFL clubs I understand are Cove, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Airdrie & Peterhead however this was as of July last year so maybe not current.

The deadline for the playoffs is March 31st according to the link below, a bit old but I think still accurate. It's when you have you have to apply for a waiver/period of grace if you haven't already got a bronze license.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Membership Criteria Letter 2021-22 issued 1 December 2020.pdf

36 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/6373182/spfl-rule-creates-another-barrier-to-highland-league-clubs/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

17 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

I've read that, nothing under the radar about it, it was well publicised last summer. Iain McMenemy the Stennie chairman ran the committee that decided on/proposed the rule change:

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've read that, nothing under the radar about it, it was well publicised last summer. Iain McMenemy the Stennie chairman ran the committee that decided on the rule change:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-board-elected-for-season-202324

Yeah, it was announced as part of the AGM news. It's something that people directly involved with clubs would be aware. It's just not something that a casual fan would know about, but then they probably wouldn't think about licensing at all.

The important part of the article is:

However, an SPFL source indicated to the P&J that if a Highland or Lowland League club was close to attaining a bronze licence and could demonstrate the measures they were putting in place to achieve it, then it is likely they would be granted permission to participate in the play-offs.

Basically, don't take the piss with it and have a achievable action plan to meet Bronze standards a club should be good to go. With Brechin and East Kilbride already at Bronze for their grounds there shouldn't be a problem this year.

A reminder of the differences between Entry are on this post below. For EK and Brechin already with Bronze grounds, these are the differences.

6.1 Training and Coaching Facilities for Senior Players Suitable training facilities (written evidence)
6.3 Medical and First Aid Facilities for Senior Players Rehabilitation Medical examination facility (not third party)
6.4 Medical and First Aid Provision for Senior Players at Matches
Club doctor/paramedic, physiotherapist, medical bag
6.6 Team Manager/ Head Coach B licence from 2025 and have started A licence course
6.7 First Team Coaches B licence
6.8 Club Doctor or Medical Officer Clubs shall have one
6.9 Club Therapist Clubs shall have one
6.10 Goalkeeping Coach Clubs shall have one
8.4 Finance Manager Clubs shall have a professional one
8.5 Safety Officer Clubs shall have a qualified one
8.11 Annual Financial Statements Stricter, prepared by qualified accountant
8.13 Insolvency Events Not since June 2020
8.17 Attendance at a Scottish FA Organised Event on Refereeing Matters
Manager/coach and team captain (instead of just someone from the club)
8.19 Diversity and Inclusion
The club shall identify the training requirements for staff and key volunteers and create a learning development plan within the equality action plan.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Says you need a club doctor or medical officer. What's a medical officer?

We have struggled for some years to find a club Doctor - the biggest single issue for us I believe 

Not suggesting that they are about to make a move for him or anything but there was a scout from Hull City at your game vs Lossiemouth at the start of the month watching Grady McGrath who I see didn’t actually start the game. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Not suggesting that they are about to make a move for him or anything but there was a scout from Hull City at your game vs Lossiemouth at the start of the month watching Grady McGrath who I see didn’t actually start the game. 

Scouting McGrath will be a waste of time now.Grady is benched from now on because Price taken the huff with him,absolute shocking behaviour from the manager toward our leading goalscorer.

41 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Scouting McGrath will be a waste of time now.Grady is benched from now on because Price taken the huff with him,absolute shocking behaviour from the manager toward our leading goalscorer.

So if he starts on Saturday will you take your comment back?

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Buckie already 4 nil up,will we be man enough on Saturday to cope with them.Probably get bullied as usual.

Bit of a strange comment (even for you) - seem to remember beating them 2 nil the last time we played them.

6 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Bit of a strange comment (even for you) - seem to remember beating them 2 nil the last time we played them.

Buckie will start as favourites on Saturday after coasting 5-1 tonight.Just hope the defence are on their game and we might see how good McCabe will be in goals.

58 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Buckie will start as favourites on Saturday after coasting 5-1 tonight.Just hope the defence are on their game and we might see how good McCabe will be in goals.

It will be a good test for Jamie - no doubt about that

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Are you a comedian 

I think he may start -  Price needs to play his strongest team on Saturday and Grady will be desperate to show him he is still our best forward and shouldn't have been dropped. Maybe I shall be proved wrong though!

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

I think he may start -  Price needs to play his strongest team on Saturday and Grady will be desperate to show him he is still our best forward and shouldn't have been dropped. Maybe I shall be proved wrong though!

Interesting given we have played the same formation and the same front 4 the last few games. Who in your view makes way for Grady?

10 hours ago, Chubby pompano said:

Interesting given we have played the same formation and the same front 4 the last few games. Who in your view makes way for Grady?

Richardson and Handling will both start so probably would rest Loudon (who has been very good of late). It'll probably not happen though but I'm sure Grady will score in this game. We have a large squad and I'd utilize them in the run-in as much as possible. Hopefully, Grady is working his socks off in training and chomping at the bit to get back in the team. He is still our best striker as far as I'm concerned,

17 hours ago, Aidan said:

That would be one helluva move if it did happen!!

I've never seen the guy play but I know we are linked with him,what like is he? Banged the goals in last few years that's for sure.