The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 25/09/2023 at 19:45, citydiehard said:

Fantastic draw in the cup,we will get bullied and freeze on the day just like the play off.

Are you happy with the 3 points tonight? - we are now the only undefeated team in the HL.

Hopefully, we can get to a cup final on Saturday and round off a really good week.

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's a big win IMO.  And it says to me that BoD aren't quite there yet.  I think they'll face some trouble against the other 3 B's (Brora, Buckie, Broch) too.

I don't think BoD are there either, they only managed a draw at home to Lossie the other week. But I'm not sure Brechin are either, just squeezing through with a 90th minute goal.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think BoD are there either, they only managed a draw at home to Lossie the other week. But I'm not sure Brechin are either, just squeezing through with a 90th minute goal.

Plus they got hammered in the cup at home by Forres whilst being at full strength.  They've got a shocker of a result in them, Lossie as you mentioned.

I think Brechin are doing what champions do; last minute winners in big games (last night) or last minute equalisers against much improved sides on a good run (Huntly).  Keeping the points ticking over.

• 2 weeks later...

Wtf Kirk,you are good and signing young players not playing them then send them out on loan,what a waste of a signing that place could be taken up by a more experienced player (which we need).We need a couple of experienced players in the team to guide our younger players and another striker to help Grady.Liam Duell isn’t cutting it for me.