The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Kev8122 said:

2 promotions in 2 seasons so I think he's done pretty well there

With the state of our finances I can't see De Zerbi, Klopp or Pochettino being on our radar

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Yeah just saying what everyone is thinking just that you guys are so far up the new boards arses you are scared to rock the boat.

Good, hopefully you'll never step back into the Glebe again, saying that I think a few folk want a word with you anyway, however, just stick to Parkview and let us get on with stuff at the Glebe and save us reading your drivel everywhere.

Edited by city1906

1 hour ago, city1906 said:

Good, hopefully you'll never step back into the Glebe again, saying that I think a few folk want a word with you anyway, however, just stick to Parkview and let us get on with stuff at the Glebe and save us reading your drivel everywhere.

You are so rude and please tell me what is Parkview.

9 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

You are so rude and please tell me what is Parkview.

Hang on a minute, you are actually calling someone rude? That's the best joke I've heard all year 😂😂

You know fine well what Parkview is...

Posted (edited)

All this doxxing campaign from the first post of @city1906 a month ago has made me sympathetic to the admittedly curmudgeonly eccentric @citydiehard. Mon citydiehard! Where would we be with only happy clappers! And what exactly is your relation to the club @city1906 ?

P.S. Is this Parkview thing something to do with an intense rivalry with the Brechin bowling club?

Edited by welshbairn

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

All this doxxing campaign from the first post of @city1906 a month ago has made me sympathetic to the admittedly curmudgeonly eccentric @citydiehard. Mon citydiehard! Where would we be with only happy clappers! And what exactly is your relation to the club @city1906 ?

P.S. Is this Parkview thing something to do with an intense rivalry with the Brechin bowling club?

I've been on here for years, couldn't remember my old password, that's why!

As I said previously, everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, but what most object to is the complete and utter nonsense said person spouts week in week out, writing baseless claims about personnel at the club with nothing to back it up.

If you come on here only to stir shit up, then you are always going to get it back.

I've no relation to the club, merely supporting the club like most football fans do!

I'm sure 'CDH' will be happy to explain his bowling exploits...

Edited by city1906

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As I said in a previous post, genuine concerns are fair enough but it doesn’t land if everything is a criticism. 

Everyone in Brechin and most in the area know that Parkview is a bowling club. You don’t have to be the person @city1906 claims @citydiehard is to know that. That’s why I found it funny. 

21 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Thing is the board probably deserve a bit of criticism on this one. A mistake has been made and probably not the first one. Doesn’t mean everything they have done is bad. 

If you criticise every little thing just for shits and giggles or whatever, then deserved criticism will never land. 

What is worse?  Going gung ho releasing statements then players / prospective managers letting you down or waiting till everything is in place ? 

I still remember the infamous Mo Johnstone scenario. 🙃

36 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What is worse?  Going gung ho releasing statements then players / prospective managers letting you down or waiting till everything is in place ? 

I still remember the infamous Mo Johnstone scenario. 🙃

I don’t want them releasing statements before everything is in place. 

I either want them to have something solid in place before getting rid of the previous guy or get rid of the previous guy weeks earlier to give time to find a new guy and give him time to build a squad and not leave us weeks behind our rivals in recruitment. 

1 hour ago, Edzellcityfan said:

I don’t want them releasing statements before everything is in place. 

I either want them to have something solid in place before getting rid of the previous guy or get rid of the previous guy weeks earlier to give time to find a new guy and give him time to build a squad and not leave us weeks behind our rivals in recruitment. 

I think things are more positive on the recruitment side than you are making out. 

6 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

If your board is still undecided on how to manage managerial recruitment, tell them to look to Forthbank then ignore any- and everything coming out of Stirling.

Was Stevie Aitken signed up then the plug pulled at the last minute? Going by his post seems he's been shafted?

6 hours ago, city1906 said:

Was Stevie Aitken signed up then the plug pulled at the last minute? Going by his post seems he's been shafted?

It was Chris Aitken not Steve and as yet in the absence of word from on high, speculation is rife.

21 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think things are more positive on the recruitment side than you are making out. 

So who is doing the recruitment if there is no manager,mickey mouse board,surely you get a new manager in let him pick the players he wants.,not the chairman or whoever is doing it,seems a bit like Chelsea with a greedy chairman buying players and going through heaps of managers because they have to manage players they don’t want or like for their style of play.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

So who is doing the recruitment if there is no manager,mickey mouse board,surely you get a new manager in let him pick the players he wants.,not the chairman or whoever is doing it,seems a bit like Chelsea with a greedy chairman buying players and going through heaps of managers because they have to manage players they don’t want or like for their style of play.

I think he was talking about recruiting a new manager.  Having a moan again when you haven't even got your facts right. 

25 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

I think he was talking about recruiting a new manager.  Having a moan again when you haven't even got your facts right. 

Obviously you didn’t read it properly,the topic was about recruiting a squad and a manager so get your facts right before trying to knock me down.