The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Don't remember that, doesn't mean it didn't happen right enough.

I remember him being a great player for Falkirk and St Johnstone though.

Definitely happened.  I've followed him on twitter ever since. 

He likes boxing. Might punch Citydiehard 😂

Just now, charlie king mvp said:

Definitely happened.  I've followed him on twitter ever since. 

He likes boxing. Might punch Citydiehard 😂

Was it a competitive game? Any details on this for my records that I keep would be greatly appreciated

2 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Was it a competitive game? Any details on this for my records that I keep would be greatly appreciated

Can't remember exactly when it was but he ended up signing for Montrose instead if I remember correctly.  So it was at the start of that season.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Was some point after he was bombed out of station park in January 2018.

hard to emphasize quite how bad we was for us, then seeing him all of sudden do decent at Montrose was bizarre.

Edited by ScottishLoon

7 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Was some point after he was bombed out of station park in January 2018.

hard to emphasize quite how bad we was for us, then seeing him all of sudden do decent at Montrose was bizarre.

He was class for us that season he played,you could see his legs were going hence how he retired but that season he just fitted in really well.Very clever player never lost the ball kept it simple and was a real stand out in games.

I think Cregg may turn out to be an annoyingly good appointment for you lot. Been coaching at a relatively decent level for the last 5 years or so and I seem to remember him being fairly well liked as a guy during his time at Montrose which you would hope for Brechin translates to him having retained a good relationship with people involved in Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I think Cregg may turn out to be an annoyingly good appointment for you lot. Been coaching at a relatively decent level for the last 5 years or so and I seem to remember him being fairly well liked as a guy during his time at Montrose which you would hope for Brechin translates to him having retained a good relationship with people involved in Scottish football. 

I'm quite excited.  Like you say he's been coaching at a relatively decent level, and has links with Dundee Utd and St Johnstone which im sure will be a couple of clubs we will be looking to lean on for any potential loan deals. 

Now to get Grady and Spark re-signed!

41 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

I'm quite excited.  Like you say he's been coaching at a relatively decent level, and has links with Dundee Utd and St Johnstone which im sure will be a couple of clubs we will be looking to lean on for any potential loan deals. 

I really hope he does well for you guys 🙏🙏🙏

On 04/06/2024 at 06:53, Jimmy Shaker said:

Wright was wildly talented in his spell at Brora and scored a bucketload in half a season. Either Brechin wasted him playing him out of position or the boy resented dropping down again and couldn’t be arsed. Either way, strange to get next to nothing out of him. 

Price played him out of position 

3 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

Grady might but Spark is too greedy and won’t take a pay cut.

29 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Cant believe you guys didnt go for Todd Lumsden. His powerpoint presentation woild have surely won you guys the league.

Oh Jesus. I hope he was never in the frame!!

Statement put up by St Andrews saying their manager was interviewed by a club higher in the pyramid and was told he was getting the job but he was then told he wasn't getting the job wonder if the club was us ? 

Screenshot_20240608_183701_Facebook.jpg