FIFA 20

TheGoon

22 minutes ago, Dave said:

Got Kroos from the FUT 16 SBC so I'm just about to do the party bag SBC, need to spend approx 30k on two players to get it. I've also already got that Limbombe untradable so fully expecting to be just as disappointed.

Can't complain. 

15861146855898647628929542618256.jpg

Just finished WL games - played 28 and won 14. Fourth WL this year and by far the calmest - been on one win every two games since I was 7 and 7.

However - what is with your players randomly trying back heel passes? 

Btw moments kluivert is leathal but people also underestinate my prime lineker - he's clinical. 

Also - that SBC bellerin is the most annoying full back to play against. 

Haven't done the random SBC yet - going to cost a bit so will try and grind the 81+ packs first.

Next weekend league team sorted. Instead of buying a striker I’m trying Kante. He is amazing in game however the amount of times he was in a good position the rare time he burst forward, his shooting was horrendous. This should help significantly.

IMG_9828.jpg

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Packed UCL Busquets and Jordi Alba from the Completionist mega pack. Nice to get something decent for a change.

I didn’t even get a board

37 minutes ago, Mayos Noun said:

You will get Parejo.

And that right there is why I will not be entertaining the notion. I sold my 85+ tradeables anyway. Bonucci was max bin and 20k more expensive than he was yesterday 😂

Currently finishing up squad battles to ensure elite 1 and then going back to weekend league. Started off 3 wins and 4 losses so cannot wait for more cheese tonight. 

Edited by Sauzee#4

I've only managed 12 games this weekend. Won 10. Got 84 giovinco in the player pick. Might play a couple more just now. Think I might just do one more though and stop at silver 1.

Got 90 lw mertens in that fut birthday sbc. Great card but will be a super sub. 

Rage quit in the last match to hit the 14th win. All 3 of my wins tonight have resulted in rage quits. Let’s not talk about the other 5 matches...although some close 4-2, 4-3, 1-0 and 3-2. The other was 8-0. 👀😂

10 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

f**k this game honestly. Gameplay is utterly horrific. Bring on Bellerabi(94 pace) at halftime and Daniel James(98 pace) on 85 minutes and it’s like both are running through concrete

GMS has no such problem :)

(But seriously it can be a bit hit and miss sometimes if the pace makes a difference)

17 minutes ago, Mayos Noun said:

Where do you finish in the weekend league?

14/16 man. Just a frustrating experience overall, especially with the team I used. Was a bit better with Neymar up front. 

Played a 4-2-3-1 formation. Every opponent I faced apart from the guy I beat 7-1 was actually semi decent, usually from 30 games there’s a few games which I breeze. Not this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Please someone teach me to defend. Please.

Do you not still play with gold Militao at centreback?

I know he's dirt cheap and over powered, and you'll have to pay a lot for a relatively small upgrade, but he's simply not good enough at this stage of the game.

In the Weekend League the first thing I do when the oppositions team appears on screen is look for the weak link in defence, and I'd be targeting him all day.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

13 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Do you not still play with gold Militao at centreback?

I know he's dirt cheap and over powered, and you'll have to pay a lot for a relatively small upgrade, but he's simply not good enough at this stage of the game.

In the Weekend League the first thing I do when the oppositions team appears on screen is look for the weak link in defence, and I'd be targeting him all day.

I'm not sure about that really, I've only got a standard Lenglet and he copes fine with most Icons etc.

Feel like @Wardy is probably just being too harsh on himself, especially if hes winning that many matches. A lot of goals I see arent down to bad defending and all down to quality attackers. I've done it myself to folk who are great players, but I can still bag goals from ridiculous angles/ranges, purely because of how good strikers are at finishing.

I can see where he's coming from, I'm utterly shit at defending too.  Games essentially boil down to how well my opponent defends - if they can, I'm losing, no question.  If they're approaching as bad as me, I can possibly outscore them.

I have a big problem with my team losing its shape.  If someone moves 40-50 yards from goal, I'll be closing down with my center backs almost out of instinct.  I've gotten better (with using better players) at stealing the ball at that point, especially if my opponent just helpfully takes that one extra touch, but if they're better than that then I'm often so badly exposed.  I know I should keep shape, use midfielders, etc etc, but it's almost ingrained now.