FIFA 20

TheGoon

On 02/12/2019 at 11:52, ArabAuslander said:

EA are a bunch of con-men.

Praying on a mostly young audience as well. 

Shower of c***s.

Right

On 02/12/2019 at 11:57, deej said:

Disagree really - they could offer more, but why would they do that when folk consistently lap up the shite they offer at the prices they offer it?

On 02/12/2019 at 12:44, forameus said:

While I can sympathise with the viewpoint, can't really agree.  They'd be stupid not to take advantage of these profit avenues, particularly when this weekend in particular has shown how lucrative it can be.

The onus isn't on EA with this.  Nor should it be.  When shitty financial practices are going under the radar, you're not going to have a financial institution going "you know what lads, although this is still legal, we're going to decide not to do it"  In a wider sense, it's up to whoever can regulate the gaming industry to act and tell EA what they can and cannot do.  Belgium have already banned them completely, and although personally I disagree with something like that, it's hard to argue that it's not effective for stopping it.  On a micro level, parents need to get their fucking finger out.  If your kid is spending anything on things like this, you should know about it, and you should be acting on it.

EA are a "shower of c***s", but if anyone was in their position, they'd do the same.

Wrong

I enjoy reading this thread occasionally despite not having a clue what's going on. When I see people saying they spend actual money on these cards - the amount of time you must put in is bad enough - I'm mortified.

22 hours ago, Wardy said:

So was doing the daily objective of buying a player, did my usual 200 coin Bundesliga (or any League SBC available) up pops this guy. Couldn’t believe I got him for 200 coins. There’s only 3 pages available for him and roughly going for 5k. 😂

5B02AABF-FE19-4C3C-A521-EAA94CBF6BA1.jpeg

Thanks for this, made some profit trading on him today which is rare for me as I have no idea how to make money from the market.

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Right

Wrong

I enjoy reading this thread occasionally despite not having a clue what's going on. When I see people saying they spend actual money on these cards - the amount of time you must put in is bad enough - I'm mortified.

Care to explain why exactly it's wrong? 

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Thanks for this, made some profit trading on him today which is rare for me as I have no idea how to make money from the market.

Nice one man! I’ve just been sniping away at Bundesliga players and have roughly made nearly 20k in the process. As soon as I’ve sniped them, they are flipped back and within minutes sold for the higher price. 

20 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Nice one man! I’ve just been sniping away at Bundesliga players and have roughly made nearly 20k in the process. As soon as I’ve sniped them, they are flipped back and within minutes sold for the higher price. 

I've picked up the player you highlighted at 4-4.5k and sold on for 5.5k so made a few coin, just repeatedly doing that while playing today has brought about 30k in which is probably my best spell of trading. 

Nice one, but yeah I was referring to Vieri when asking if he was good enough? I was considering getting him up front with Insigne and Mertens in the CAM positions? But worth the money? I can afford but I like to have plenty coins. Haha. 
I've tried pretty much tried all the useable icon strikers at that price range and Crespo is by far my favourite.

Just packed a black 91 TOTW Van Dijk and a blue 91 CL Hazard after completing the Nations SBC group.
Worth maybe 1.1m coins. Currently using a Serie A team with only two players 85+ and Immobile is my most expensive player at 18.5k. Should I sell Hazard and Van Dijk then create a more rounded squad and what team should I build?
I'd sell the in form Virgil and buy normal one and I'd also buy Kante and build my time from there. They are the best in game.
If you go premier League I would say Son is easily the best striker I've used.

43 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I'd sell the in form Virgil and buy normal one and I'd also buy Kante and build my time from there. They are the best in game.
If you go premier League I would say Son is easily the best striker I've used.

Ended up sticking with the Serie A theme as you get more ratings for your money. Sold the Van Dijk and Hazard for 1m coins then bought this team:

GK - Handanovic - 88

RWB - Florenzi - 81

CBs:

Godin - 88

Koulibaly - 89

Chiellini - 89

LWB - TOTW Kolarov - 84

CMs:

TOTW Nainggolan - 86

TOTW Pjanic - 87

CAM - TOTW Dybala - 89

STs:

TOTW Immobile - 88

Ruud Van Nistelrooy - 90

Also got 87 ST Mertens.

Not sure whether RVN is worth the 370k coins yet. Might sell him but not sure how to upgrade this team until a proper RB comes out.

Ended up sticking with the Serie A theme as you get more ratings for your money. Sold the Van Dijk and Hazard for 1m coins then bought this team: GK - Handanovic - 88

RWB - Florenzi - 81

CBs:

Godin - 88

Koulibaly - 89

Chiellini - 89

LWB - TOTW Kolarov - 84

CMs:

TOTW Nainggolan - 86

TOTW Pjanic - 87

CAM - TOTW Dybala - 89

STs:

TOTW Immobile - 88

Ruud Van Nistelrooy - 90

Also got 87 ST Mertens.

Not sure whether RVN is worth the 370k coins yet. Might sell him but not sure how to upgrade this team until a proper RB comes out.

Looks good. Maybe try Crespo instead of RVN ? He has 86 pace and dribbling and he's 6ft tall.  

3 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Ended up sticking with the Serie A theme as you get more ratings for your money. Sold the Van Dijk and Hazard for 1m coins then bought this team:

GK - Handanovic - 88

RWB - Florenzi - 81

CBs:

Godin - 88

Koulibaly - 89

Chiellini - 89

LWB - TOTW Kolarov - 84

CMs:

TOTW Nainggolan - 86

TOTW Pjanic - 87

CAM - TOTW Dybala - 89

STs:

TOTW Immobile - 88

Ruud Van Nistelrooy - 90

Also got 87 ST Mertens.

Are you close to level 30 for the objectives? Can pick up Storyline Danilo for RB. I’m similar with Serie A but hybrid on the right side as that league is pretty light on that side of the field. 

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Are you close to level 30 for the objectives? Can pick up Storyline Danilo for RB. I’m similar with Serie A but hybrid on the right side as that league is pretty light on that side of the field. 

Nah no chance in terms of the objectives. I only got my console last Tuesday.

EDIT: Just gonna have to wait for a decent TOTW Serie A RB.

Edited by TavTastic

32 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Nah no chance in terms of the objectives. I only got my console last Tuesday.

EDIT: Just gonna have to wait for a decent TOTW Serie A RB.

He’s just got an SBC. I just completed it there. He’s not unreal or anything but thought why not.

247B65EA-47A0-429B-A9D4-F6CD6FCA817F.png

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why is a game marketed at children rated as 3+ when it contains gambling mechanics that you spend real money on?

Which isn't on EA.  Which I said in the post.  EA are going to do whatever they can legally get away with, and they'll continue to do it until someone tells them not to.  They're a business, and they're going to do every little thing they can to make money, particularly when it's going to make them A LOT of money.  You really expecting them to be the ones that go "haud on, guys, we're making too much money here, let's put a handicap in".

I'm not defending EA, I'm being realistic.  Until they get telt to do things differently, EA going to EA.

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

He’s just got an SBC. I just completed it there. He’s not unreal or anything but thought why not.

247B65EA-47A0-429B-A9D4-F6CD6FCA817F.png

What TOTW player did you use for it? 

EDIT: Scratch that I bought Pasalic for 11k which was enough. Got him now. 

Will hold onto Ruud for now.

Edited by TavTastic

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

What TOTW player did you use for it? 

EDIT: Scratch that I bought Pasalic for 11k which was enough. Got him now. 

Will hold onto Ruud for now.

Haha, brilliant, I got Palasic in to use as well. 

19 hours ago, TavTastic said:

GK - Handanovic - 88

RWB - Florenzi - 81

CBs:

Godin - 88

Koulibaly - 89

Chiellini - 89

LWB - TOTW Kolarov - 84

CMs:

TOTW Nainggolan - 86

TOTW Pjanic - 87

CAM - TOTW Dybala - 89

STs:

TOTW Immobile - 88

Ruud Van Nistelrooy - 90

Also got 87 ST Mertens.

Swap Pjanic for Allan. His RTTF card is immense but even his normal gold card is miles better than the TOTW Pjanic