Belgium vs Scotland

I don’t think it’s bizarre.
It looks ridiculous, paired with a kilt and a pair of timbys, it truly marks out the cretins in the support (I’ve seen it with a ghillie shirt as well, which in my opinion there should be an outright ban on).
Bunch of mediocrity-accepting oddballs with no club team.

Imagine getting this annoyed about somebody wearing a hat. Embarrassed for you, mate.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

^^^ Glengarry wearer found.

It is embarrassing, the fannies are the people who get all het up about people wearing their national dress to support their national team.  Like you for example.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

It is embarrassing, the fannies are the people who get all het up about people wearing their national dress to support their national team.  Like you for example.

Is it ‘national dress’ though. The only times I’ve ever seen people wear one are soldiers (real ones) and ‘footsoldiers’ (gimpy Tartan Army members).

2 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Stop it, you’re embarrassing yourself mate.

Because I think Glengarrys look ridiculous at the football. Ok mate. AA14C360-259D-44CE-8DE6-BBF5468CB7E2.png.05ea5ebf4a2578135e228819ccb63003.png

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Is it ‘national dress’ though. The only times I’ve ever seen people wear one are soldiers (real ones) and ‘footsoldiers’ (gimpy Tartan Army members).

Because I think Glengarrys look ridiculous at the football. Ok mate. AA14C360-259D-44CE-8DE6-BBF5468CB7E2.png.05ea5ebf4a2578135e228819ccb63003.png

Soldiers from what regiments?

^^^ Glengarry wearer found.

Never worn one but don’t recoil in horror when I see somebody wearing one either. Presumably the Dutch fans all in orange, German fans in lederhosen and the Panama fans wearing Panama hats annoy you to the same extent?

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Never worn one but don’t recoil in horror when I see somebody wearing one either. Presumably the Dutch fans all in orange, German fans in lederhosen and the Panama fans wearing Panama hats annoy you to the same extent?

Not sure what relevance your whataboutery has to anything tbh. You’re pro-Glengarry, I’m anti-Glengarry, that’s all there is to it. I’m a Scotland fan but definitely wouldn’t consider myself a footsoldier.

9 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There’s nothing gets me more seething than the sight of a Glengarry hat, complete with massive fucking feather and badges from the various ‘campaigns’ that particular footsoldier has waged war in. Worse than paedos. 

See the source image

Not sure what relevance your whataboutery has to anything tbh. You’re pro-Glengarry, I’m anti-Glengarry, that’s all there is to it. I’m a Scotland fan but definitely wouldn’t consider myself a footsoldier.

I’m indifferent to glengarry’s.

Raging at folk wearing a particular hat [emoji23]

I know the reasons for playing one upfront but to me it just screams ‘we’re not good enough to take you on’.

We have seen it play out so often, one upfront chasing around and the opposition have lots of time and space to pass it around. It’s setup to make us sit back and invite pressure. If we get the ball back then just leather it upfront to a small striker. I think we should start playing a system that takes the game to the opposition and stick with it. We might get scudded but after a few games it will pay off better than playing one up top.

Hopefully Griffiths gets back soon and maybe we can try him alongside someone and stick with it. 

Tomorrow playing one up top is worse than going toe to toe. I’m sick of the loser mentality. Let’s coach the youth teams to attack anyone.

With Glengarrys at the football I'm more annoyed about the feathers, if you're unfortunate to be standing behind someone with one you could well spend 90 minutes dodging the cunting thing.  I don't think they look great but if you want to wear one crack on. 

I quite like the kilt though tbf. 

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You said someone wearing a hat is worse than a paedophile. Fucking idiot. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

The chaps from Ecuador would be rightly beeling.

I know the reasons for playing one upfront but to me it just screams ‘we’re not good enough to take you on’.
We have seen it play out so often, one upfront chasing around and the opposition have lots of time and space to pass it around. It’s setup to make us sit back and invite pressure. If we get the ball back then just leather it upfront to a small striker. I think we should start playing a system that takes the game to the opposition and stick with it. We might get scudded but after a few games it will pay off better than playing one up top.
Hopefully Griffiths gets back soon and maybe we can try him alongside someone and stick with it. 
Tomorrow playing one up top is worse than going toe to toe. I’m sick of the loser mentality. Let’s coach the youth teams to attack anyone.
Loads of successful international teams play one up top and it seems a bit strange to think that you can't attack on that formation. It's all about how far apart the players are, and how well they play on the ball.

Also, no matter how many players we stick up front (we could even have an extra man on the pitch) the Belgians will have the ball and will do what they want for long spells.

We need to find a performance that hurts them two or three times in each half, but possession can go f**k itself. We also need to make them earn their goals.