Belgium vs Scotland

Is it too much to ask that we leave Tintin and Hercule Poirot  sobbing in a pool of their own puke and pish after rinsing the sons of Leopold II?

Probably yes.

Marshall
Palmer - McKenna - Mulgrew - Robertson
McLean - McGregor
Forrest - Armstrong - Fraser
Burke
You think he'll go more attacking against Belgium away than Cyprus at home? Okay...

I personally think there will be very few changes to a side which won. Maybe Burke for Brophy.

I think there will be two changes, McTominay for McGinn which is just a complete and utter no brainer and probably Burke for Brophy. 

I wouldn't change anything else, McLean was excellent and although O'Donnell has come in for a bit stick, he didn't really put a foot wrong.

The players aren't necessarily what makes a team attacking, it's about how they play. Clarke regularly played 4-4-2 with two wingers in bigger games for Killie, yet we were often more defensive than in games where we had a 4-5-1 with Mulumbu, Dicker and Power in the middle. If it wasn't for the fact that we had so many strong midfielders and very few strikers, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a 4-4-2 against Belgium. Had he had Fletcher and Griffiths, say, available, he might have gone for it.

How is that more attacking? I'm substituting the shite offensive midfielder we had on Saturday (McGinn) for one who is actually decent (Armstrong)

Because Mcginn wasn't the most attacking midfielder. He was playing closer to McLean than Macgregor was most of the game. They did rotate round positions over the game but it was Macgregor who was mostly furthest forward. You can't play Armstrong doing that, he'd have to be the furthest forward all the time and gives you next to nothing defensively. That's why it's more attacking.

To be honest I don't think it matters what team Clarke picks it's a big ask to even get a point.
The chit chat about McGinn being a headless chicken on the park if Clarke picks him he should just man mark Hazard.
I'm not saying Belgium are a one man team but would just like to see McGinn biting Hazards ankles every time he gets the ball.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think that's pretty close just got a feeling he will pick Cairney for this one plus asking Mulgrew to play 2 games in 3 days for me is a mistake.

I'd go for Souttar but I have the Sportsound Hearts commentary from a few weeks back lodged in my head where all the commentators were describing Souttar as 'totally lost'. 

I reckon Cairney will be a sub on to see out our 3-0 win, and to tie him to Scotland.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There’s nothing gets me more seething than the sight of a Glengarry hat, complete with massive fucking feather and badges from the various ‘campaigns’ that particular footsoldier has waged war in. Worse than paedos. 

Boy infront of me had one of these feather hats and some writing about 1314 on his shirt.

Thankfully never re appeared after half time. 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

scotlandcyprus-423f064ee35f24fba2d1a6ced009dd65.jpg

This, but with Russell potentially ahead of Burke. 

Worry that we dont have a striker to cause any form of problem to their defence. Brophy doesnt have enough experience really to bother Alderweireld/Vertonghen, Burke doesn't have the intelligence, and I dont Russell has played central too much?

Brophy probably the hardest working, Burke probably the strongest and most able to beat defenders, while Russell comes second in all those categories, so as the most rounded gets my nod.

10 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

scotland.jpg

Swapping Robertson and O'Donnell?

Ok, it's mental, but it might just work!

All we need to do is convince Belgium they're shooting the wrong way, then let Hazard, De Bruyne et al do the damage to themselves. :)