Belgium vs Scotland

3 minutes ago, KillieMogwai said:

Swapping Robertson and O'Donnell?

Ok, it's mental, but it might just work!

All we need to do is convince Belgium they're shooting the wrong way, then let Hazard, De Bruyne et al do the damage to themselves. :)

Had my sides all mixed up. Maybe I should take up your idea and post the Belgian team the wrong way on their pie and bovril. :lol:

Enough of this defensive nonsense.  Attaaaack!

It's the last thing they'll be expecting. 

Mulgrew is dropped - he might have experience but he's slower than McKenna. Findlay speedy and strong, and is the man to dominate these Belgian waffles.

Brophy starts on the bench, to come on later after Burke has worn them down with his constant running and bumping into things.

Forrest gets another chance purely because he couldn't possibly be any worse.

McGinn is hooked for the man-mountain McTominay. McLean makes way for the always classy Armstrong.

scotlandcyprus-da25ea9c8ef54a004e4458048

We’ve never even managed a draw away to Belgium before. Can’t see the current team changing that. However, I suppose now they are No.1 in the rankings they only have one way to go.

Best chance for Scotland is to pay the Chef to put something in the Belgians food.

There’s nothing gets me more seething than the sight of a Glengarry hat, complete with massive fucking feather and badges from the various ‘campaigns’ that particular footsoldier has waged war in. Worse than paedos. 
It never fails to astound me how riled up folk get about this. A truly bizarre thing to get angry about.

I'm terms of the match, the score really doesn't matter at all (unless it's 5 or more).

The performance absolutely needs to be better than last time against them. They need to know they've been in a game, and force them to beat us with their talent rather than gifting them easy chances.

I also want to see us lay a glove on their defence, even if it's just a little glove. Four reasonable chances in total, with a couple of shots on goal.

19 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Leighton

McGrain ( yup, as right wing back )
Buchan
McNeill
Miller
Robertson

Bremner
Souness
Gemmell ( not a misspell; Tommy )

Dalglish
Law

Would have preferred Goram to Leighton.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

It never fails to astound me how riled up folk get about this. A truly bizarre thing to get angry about.

I don’t think it’s bizarre.

It looks ridiculous, paired with a kilt and a pair of timbys, it truly marks out the cretins in the support (I’ve seen it with a ghillie shirt as well, which in my opinion there should be an outright ban on).

Bunch of mediocrity-accepting oddballs with no club team.

My line up

Marshall

Palmer

Mulgrew

McKenna

Robertson

Cairney

McTominay

McGregor

Armstrong

Forrest

Fraser

For the benefit of Kuros, the team wouldn’t line up in a straight line, one in front of the other [emoji23]

Forrest and Fraser wide with Armstrong at number 10 to circumvent the Belgian 3 at the back.

I’d keep Forrest and Fraser up, no requirement to backtrack.

I don’t think it’s bizarre.
It looks ridiculous, paired with a kilt and a pair of timbys, it truly marks out the cretins in the support (I’ve seen it with a ghillie shirt as well, which in my opinion there should be an outright ban on).
Bunch of mediocrity-accepting oddballs with no club team.
They generally do have a club side as well, but compared to a lot of other nations support - I think they do a very good job.

I've never been to an away game but it looks like a brilliant atmosphere, no matter the result. I used to be a regular at Hampden and would go to the shed beforehand and again, the friendliness was second to none.

If fashion sense is their worst crime, their doing not too bad.

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

They generally do have a club side as well, but compared to a lot of other nations support - I think they do a very good job.

I've never been to an away game but it looks like a brilliant atmosphere, no matter the result. I used to be a regular at Hampden and would go to the shed beforehand and again, the friendliness was second to none.

If fashion sense is their worst crime, their doing not too bad.

Fair enough mate, agree to disagree.

What was Clarke's preferred formation at Killie when up against Celtic?

4-2-3-1?

Mctominay surely comes in to hold the midfield, but who sits with him? McGregor probably for me.

Fraser must start, and I think Burke comes in for brophy.

I think Armstrong is our best midfielder so I hope he's squeezed in, and I'm not too fussed who plays on the other side. Forrest has been brilliant but was anonymous on Saturday.

Keeper and back four surely stays the same?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

What was Clarke's preferred formation at Killie when up against Celtic?

4-2-3-1?

Mctominay surely comes in to hold the midfield, but who sits with him? McGregor probably for me.

Fraser must start, and I think Burke comes in for brophy.

I think Armstrong is our best midfielder so I hope he's squeezed in, and I'm not too fussed who plays on the other side. Forrest has been brilliant but was anonymous on Saturday.

Keeper and back four surely stays the same?

He quite often played 2 up front but have also seen 1. 

Tomorrow, I think mctominay for McLean, Burke for brophy and Armstrong for forrest.

We will sit extremely deep, work like mad and try and hit on break with Burke and Frasers pace.