Embarrassing admissions

I was in my thirties before realising that the correct lyrics to the well known Christmas carol were:
"Good King Wenceslas looked out"
and not what I'd thought for years:
"Good King Wencelas last looked out"
Taken me 59 years to know this..... cheers.

7 hours ago, alang1993 said:

Realising that the singer Flo Rida took his name from where he's from (Florida if you haven't worked it out :P)

My mate :  I wonder where Flo Rida is from(sarcastically)

Me : How the f**k should I know?

So Whitney Houston's sister Bella comes from Glasgow?

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

For me, the terms toffs and posh describes people who vote Tory, send their children to private schools, have a chateau in Switzerland, a timeshare in the Maldives, executive membership to the local golf club, regular visits to some club that still debates whether women can be members, tributes to whoever has just been born and is ninety-seventh to the throne, still getting Christmas cards from the laird of some estate that represents the dukedom of some county that no longer since regionalism.

Now you are saying it simply boils down to how you describe your cheese on toast.

Mind-blowing!

In Larkhall 'posh' means a woman who puts her kebab on a window ledge before she pishes in the gutter.

It wasn't until I saw Alan Power in a Killie lineup that I realised that Power was a surname.  Then whilst walking past a Paddy Power last year, I was hit with the realisation that this was simply some guy's name, essentially Ireland's version of William Hill (as opposed to some energetic-sounding brand name). 

Only then did the Father Ted "Clit power? I knew a Father Clint Power" joke make any sense.

Eta: only after typing that do I realise that the same applies to Austin Powers.  FFS.

Edited by Hedgecutter

It wasn't until I saw Alan Power in a Killie lineup that I realised that Power was a surname.  Then whilst walking past a Paddy Power last year, I was hit with the realisation that this was simply some guy's name, essentially Ireland's version of William Hill (as opposed to some energetic-sounding brand name). 
Only then did the Father Ted "Clit power? I knew a Father Clint Power" joke make any sense.

Eta: only after typing that do I realise that the same applies to Austin Powers.  FFS.

Don’t forget Max Power of Wigan and Simpsons fame.

I've only just discovered there's a 'Stuff I'm Following' button at the bottom of every page as well as at the top. Until now I've been scrolling all the way back up to go onto the next topic I want to read.  🤯

When I got my first PC I didnt know what copy and paste was... didnt even know it existed.
I would spend ages typing out a link.
Can remember sitting cursing the longer links... especially if they didnt work.
Cant remember how long it took me to realise, but it was quite a while.
🤣

Now I work every day online with my own business.
I work with people who dont know this and it says on the job spec we need to be Microsoft office proficient.
Format painter? What is this wizardry?
Latest question was
How do you get the lines round the thimgmies?
Starts to annoy you after the first dozen times or so.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I work with people who dont know this and it says on the job spec we need to be Microsoft office proficient.
Format painter? What is this wizardry?
Latest question was
How do you get the lines round the thimgmies?
Starts to annoy you after the first dozen times or so.

Is your embarrassing admission that you have no patience with people who aren't computer geeks? 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is your embarrassing admission that you have no patience with people who aren't computer geeks? 

It’s basic word processing literacy these days sadly.

These folk should be sacked on the spot. 

Its a bit like a footballer being employed and not being able to kick the ball properly. Surely you can relate to that, Welshy?

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s basic word processing literacy these days sadly.

These folk should be sacked on the spot. 

Its a bit like a footballer being employed and not being able to kick the ball properly. Surely you can relate to that, Welshy?

Highland league football would be decimated if that was the rule. This forum does sound like The IT Crowd sometimes, laughing at the ignorance of people whose job involves use of computers but not as a full time specialty. 

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

But it’s a job requirement ffs.

Im not saying they should be able to use Visual Basic or do macros but highlight a cell and put a border around it.

18 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Im not saying they should be able to use Visual Basic or do macros but highlight a cell and put a border around it.

What do you mean "highlight"?

21 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What?

On 27/06/2019 at 00:59, bud1876 said:

When I got my first PC I didnt know what copy and paste was... didnt even know it existed.
I would spend ages typing out a link.
Can remember sitting cursing the longer links... especially if they didnt work.
Cant remember how long it took me to realise, but it was quite a while.
🤣<span>

Now I work every day online with my own business.

When I first started using the Internet in about 96 or 97, I'd never heard of a search engine so had no idea how to find stuff of interest to me. I resorted to writing down URLs from adverts in magazines and newspapers and looking at them instead, even if it was stuff I had no interest in like cars or financial websites. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu