Scotland Squad announce before September game

On 03/09/2019 at 12:14, The Moonster said:

I would accept that if the following post wasn't entirely correct...

I've genuinely never heard anyone complain about having two right footed centre backs. I also hate that footballers are allowed to carry on with the "weaker foot" excuse. They're paid to kick a fucking ball every day, they should be comfortable collecting it from any direction with any foot and if they aren't they should be working their bollocks off until they are.

In the Netherlands, if a young player keeps playing the ball with one foot the coach will tell them to use both.

In Scotland, if a young player plays the ball with their weaker foot and loses it, the coach will scream at him.

That's why we're behind everybody in technique. It might seam like a cliché but I've watched enough development and reserve football to have seen it many times.

54 minutes ago, GordonS said:

In the Netherlands, if a young player keeps playing the ball with one foot the coach will tell them to use both.

In Scotland, if a young player plays the ball with their weaker foot and loses it, the coach will scream at him.

That's why we're behind everybody in technique. It might seam like a cliché but I've watched enough development and reserve football to have seen it many times.

You've extensively watched youth football being coached in the Netherlands as well I take it?