Billy Gilmour

Kuro

He's set to be named in the u21 squad. FWIW, when John Souttar made his debut he was initially in the u21 squad simply because it was announced before the senior one. I'm still not sure Clarke will go for him though.
Clarke said in October/November that he wanted all the young guys to grow up playing together in the u21s so it wouldn't surprise me either.
Only game left for Chelsea before the squad is announced is away to Villa. There's a possibility he plays in Munich with Jorginho suspended for Europe too, but I think that games will be a few days after the announcement.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much. Our options come in tiers, to me.

McTominay, to me, is comfortably our best central midfielder. McGinns form makes him a certain starter too.

Next tier has Christie, Armstrong, and McGregor. Strong performers at domestic level who are too inconsistent nationally to deserve to be certain starters. Start whichever one based on your gameplan.

Then its your Fleck/McLean/Jack/Bannan types, ones who have done enough at club level to warrant being last resort options if/when injuries/suspensions hit.

Gilmour should probably be in that second tier just now.

Why  are Christie, Armstrong and McGregor above Fleck? 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Who has said this?

David Ornstein in the Athletic is saying that the SFA want him to have more minutes before calling him up, and that he'll be in the u21 squad.

Edited by Fratelli

David Ornstein in the Athletic is saying that the SFA want him to have more minutes before calling him up, and that he'll be in the u21 squad.

“The SFA” being Steve Clarke. It’s entirely his call, although I’m sure he’d run it past his coaching team.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

“The SFA” being Steve Clarke. It’s entirely his call, although I’m sure he’d run it past his coaching team.

Of course aye, but he seems to be hinting that the u21's still want him for their games coming up and he'd be a guaranteed starter there, and that Clarke is being advised somewhat, so i'd imagine the discussions are between Clarke and Gemmill. The u21 squad is announced tomorrow so we'll find out then, i'd much rather have him in the senior squad mind. 

Edited by Fratelli

Even if he's named in the U21 squad it doesn't mean he won't end up in the senior squad. The senior squad probably won't get named until next week and it's entirely possible that Clarke hasn't even decided yet, especially given McGinn's fitness situation.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Why  are Christie, Armstrong and McGregor above Fleck? 

Christie and Armstrong have both performed well for Scotland previously, and McGregor has performed better at domestic level for a longer length of time.

Fleck has really only come to the fore in the past two seasons, and has never followed that to International level (in limited time).

And honestly, Sheffield United seem to have a system that works perfectly with some players, always a fear a different set up sees the same players struggle.

Of course aye, but he seems to be hinting that the u21's still want him for their games coming up and he'd be a guaranteed starter there, and that Clarke is being advised somewhat, so i'd imagine the discussions are between Clarke and Gemmill. The u21 squad is announced tomorrow so we'll find out then, i'd much rather have him in the senior squad mind. 

Scott Gemmill can get the other players to smash 50 yard punts up to him, no doubt.