Billy Gilmour

Kuro

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

What? I think McGregor is a cracking player for Celtic, but I'm not sure he has played well for Scotland for a while now. He shouldn't be a guaranteed starter imo.

This is about right for me, he's not the same player for Scotland as he is for Celtic. The reasons for that I'm not sure but it's obvious.

I'd to look to bring in fleck

1 minute ago, Geez a Braco said:

The manager of a club higher up the EPL table wanted to sign McGregor in the summer as the main man for their midfield.  

Dunno why we want to talk down Scottish players so much, especially our better ones.    

McGregor and Christie would be bench material at worse for Chelsea.   

Did Leicester say that "the main man" or is that something you just made up.

Leicester didn't actually bid alot of money for him. And they quite obviously had more to spend.

They were looking for a squad player

He should 100% be in the squad at the least. Where's the harm in integrating him with the squad and giving him the experience of being in that situation? He's proved he can play and hold his own at the top level. I don't think many folk are saying he'll be starting but being in the squad is a no brainer.

12 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Yes  "He's a brilliant player that would be a mainstay in our midfield"   Brendan Rodgers 11/7/2019   

I see your on, still waiting on you to provide a link with proof of this quote.

Cos I've Googled it, and nothing 

I've also had a look at a few of the articles around this time, again nothing.

It looks like you have just made up a quote.

Which is a big riddy mate.

Hickey is a tremendously talented footballer with excellent technique. What he isn't though, is a good defender. He has been torn to shreds by several wingers this season. That side of his game will come, but I don't think he's had a particularly good season.

Anyway, he's not even in the U19s squad, which suggests that he has probably been left out to prevent him from burning out from all the football he has played this year.

50 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He's been phenomenal this season

No he hasn't.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hickey is a tremendously talented footballer with excellent technique.

Playing fast and loose with the terms "tremendously talented" and "excellent technique" here. He's not Zico.