Billy Gilmour

Kuro

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Did anyone else notice his pass to Dykes in the lead up to the third goal where he took out Israel's midfield just before Lyndon Dykes won the corner that left to Scotland's third goal?

Tierney and Robertson helped generate the space in the middle of the pitch.

People always told me, be careful what you do. Don't be expecting Norwich starts.

The trolls always told me be careful who you love, he cannot track or run, just sprays the ball around.

Yeah..

Billy G is not my lover. He's just a baller we believe is the one, yeah the kid is number one.

They say he can't track or run, but he's owning trolls for fun.

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Never said that, if you're so sure I said that then quote me.

On 07/09/2021 at 10:55, WATTOO said:

Unfortunately the very same can be said for Billy Gilmour, Yes, he has bags of potential and Yes he did have an excellent match against England, however he's now looking mediocre in a bottom end Norwich side and much the same in pat couple of Scotland matches, in fact on current form Turnbull should be in ahead of him I'd say, however we've built him up so much that there would be almost universal outrage were we to suddenly drop him.

On 07/09/2021 at 10:56, 2426255 said:

That'll be controversial on here mate. The hordes don't like that kind of thinking because Billy the kid is wurld class

You’re a fucking fanny, mate. 

I never agreed with him, I just said it'd be controversial. Funny how you lot don't jump to the defence of Stephen O'Donnell when he makes a mistake, but Billy Gilmour is untouchable.

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Well it's balancing out all your positive spin, no? I haven't been reading every comment unfortunately. The reaction would be different generally if Scotland hadn't won - no point denying it. Fair enough you challenge my opinions I welcome it, but don't expect me to stop posting controversial viewpoints.

Again, can you go and find my comments on the match and tell me what my positive spin is? You done this on the Israel thread too, accused me of thinking the game would be easy when I'd never said anything of the sort. 

At least you admit you're setting out to be controversial, that's not the same as offering balance.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Again, can you go and find my comments on the match and tell me what my positive spin is? You done this on the Israel thread too, accused me of thinking the game would be easy when I'd never said anything of the sort. 

At least you admit you're setting out to be controversial, that's not the same as offering balance.

Balancing out all the positive spin sorry, it's not a personal attack chill out. Everyone sees only the good points isn't there a place for looking at the bad? I don't see any value in adding more comments such as Billy was amazing or what a goal you lot all do that anyway.

Just now, 2426255 said:

Balancing out all the positive spin sorry, it's not a personal attack chill out. Everyone sees only the good points isn't there a place for looking at the bad? I don't see any value in adding more comments such as Billy was amazing or what a goal you lot all do that anyway.

What did you think of Gilmours overall performance on Saturday?

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What did you think of Gilmours overall performance on Saturday?

I thought it was good overall, dependable, he did his part well and worked well within the team structure and brings a unique skillset to the team.  Good performance for his age, not earth shattering - but good midfield to front.

Also if it's fair to mention Billy Gilmour's contribution to the 3rd goal then it's fair to mention his contribution to Israel's second goal and vice versa which were both not direct causes. A balanced thread would be able to show the good and the bad, as it is now it's more pro Billy is world class rubbish. 

Maybe I'm more critical on posts with Gilmour, but it balances out the overwhelmingly positive thread.

Edited by 2426255

17 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I thought it was good overall, dependable, he did his part well and worked well within the team structure and brings a unique skillset to the team.  Good performance for his age, not earth shattering - but good midfield to front.

Also if it's fair to mention Billy Gilmour's contribution to the 3rd goal then it's fair to mention his contribution to Israel's second goal and vice versa which were both not direct causes. A balanced thread would be able to show the good and the bad, as it is now it's more pro Billy is world class rubbish. 

Maybe I'm more critical on posts with Gilmour, but it balances out the overwhelmingly positive thread.

Being more critical purely because others are being positive is a really stupid way to view things. Quite why an overwhelming positive thread about one of our brightest young talents (if not the brightest) needs balanced out with forced negativity, only you will know. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Being more critical purely because others are being positive is a really stupid way to view things. Quite why an overwhelming positive thread about one of our brightest young talents (if not the brightest) needs balanced out with forced negativity, only you will know. 

It's not forced negativity, I just hear everyone saying "oh, isn't he brulliant" and during the game I was like aye, he's playing well but you know he wasn't better than Robertson or McGinn or Dykes.

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

It's not forced negativity, I just hear everyone saying "oh, isn't he brulliant" and during the game I was like aye, he's playing well but you know he wasn't better than Robertson or McGinn or Dykes.

It is forced, because the majority of posts I've seen had Robertson as the best player on the pitch on Saturday. You're making things up (or interpreting posts incorrectly) and arguing with a viewpoint nobody holds. 

Gilmour is brilliant and you acknowledge that he is unique in our team. Stop trying to be a wee hipster. 

So unless he's the best player in a Scotland jersey every game he deserves harsh criticism? [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

So unless he's the best player in a Scotland jersey every game he deserves harsh criticism? emoji38.png

No, am I allowed to criticize him if I want? You lot highlight the positive and I'll do the negative then?

Edited by 2426255