Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I think he would be able to contribute to Scotland now, and I think is match fit (he did play 90 mins in the league recently).

In modern football players take longer to adapt and there are more squad players than ever. Virtually every nation will start players who aren't guaranteed starters at their club - look at Maguire for England. Our opponents in world cup qualifying, Norway, have a starting goalie who has played 19 league games in the last 4 years. Any pro player could drop a level and play more frequently, many make a choice to stay where they are and it doesn't affect their league minutes.

Gilmour will of course want to play more (and I'm confident he will for the rest of the season) but he won't be unduly concerned as he will understand how the Brighton model works with new signings.

Do you not understand it would be better for Scotland, and he would be more likely to be starting for us if he was playing more? As Scotland fans that is what we would like.

I think also your confusing the Scotland thread with the world cup thread or something. Everyone is aware that other nations have players that don't start every wk. You must have mentioned it 3 times a page for the last 20 pages. And they were aware before you did, its so pointlessly obvious.

But its not relevant to Scotland so nobody gives a shiney shit

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Bla bla bla

Now let's get back onto brazils 1st choice left back and what height and weight a german goalkeeper was in 2013.

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

Bing, just put the lad on ignore. It's best for everyone. My putting him on ignore isn't helping if folk like yourself can't resist responding and quoting to his every repetitive post. 

Grassy arse.

Only joking😉 aye fair enough, I don't think much will change tho. Voila he is gone.

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Do you not understand it would be better for Scotland, and he would be more likely to be starting for us if he was playing more? As Scotland fans that is what we would like.

I think also your confusing the Scotland thread with the world cup thread or something. Everyone is aware that other nations have players that don't start every wk. You must have mentioned it 3 times a page for the last 20 pages. And they were aware before you did, its so pointlessly obvious.

But its not relevant to Scotland so nobody gives a shiney shit

It probably would be, but I (and Gilmour) knew this wouldn't happen instantly at a club like Brighton - for reasons that have already been made abundantly clear.

So then his options are probably loan to another of Europes top 4 leagues. Would that have been a better choice? Maybe, but he's joined a club renowned for developing young players and have sacrificed game time in the short term.

I think it's a good call, you think he should have dropped a level to get guaranteed playing time. There is no right or wrong answer necessarily. Thinking he should go the Championship or Rangers is almost certainly a wrong call which was why it was never entertained by Gilmour, and only by fantasists on this thread.

Is playing more frequently for someone like Almeria better? Maybe, but Gilmour backed himself and pushed for a permanent transfer where (AFAIK) Brighton were the only team to bid for him. Fair play to him for backing himself, the Scottish mentality is clearly not to do this and take the easy option as many on this thread are advocating. 

14 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He’s been wrong about everything but it won’t stop him coming back.

I expected his Norwich loan contract wouldn't be terminated, expected his Chelsea contract would be extended, expected he would easily find another top flight club, expected he would make 10-15 appearances for them in his first season.

All have been correct, with the exception of the last one which is on its way to being correct.

Many other posters predicted the opposite of the above. They were wrong, not me (maybe that is what confused you?).

Caicedo is being linked with a lot of teams, including Chelsea who have seemingly had a £55m bid rejected. There’s no shame at all in being kept out a team by a player like that and a World Cup winner in MacAllister. 

If Caicedo were to move on it’d be great news for Gilmour. Brighton would presumably bring someone in, they’re not expertly blessed with depth in midfield, but he could easily end the window as a midfield starter. 

He is certainly the reserve midfielder for Brighton and Hove Albion and Scotland.  Unused sub for his club yet again today and he remains behind McGinn, McGregor and McTominay in our midfield. 

If Brighton did sell their first choice midfielder, would they use that money to sign a replacement, or would they promote Billy?

i thought he might move on this window in search for that elusive first pick slot, but seems to have went quiet on that front. Hopefully Caicedo gets the big move and he can start getting a regular game for someone, finally.

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Anyone want to take that charity bet on him being loaned to the Championship or Rangers?

Name your price, it is clearly not going to happen.

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Anyone want to take that charity bet on him being loaned to the Championship or Rangers?

Name your price, it is clearly not going to happen.

Can tell your double sure of this

48 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Can tell your double sure of this

Apologies, there was an SQL error when I posted and seems to have duplicated it, resolved now.

Can see no takers on the bet.

I'm making a judgement call that Barry Fergusons hat does not have access to 10,000 in Monopoly money, never mind GBP.