Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Just now, Jambomo said:

Gross is actually a really good player, he’s a bit underrated as he isn’t especially eye catching and been mainly with Brighton in the PL, so not in an especially eye catching team for most of his time.

Anyway apparently Gilmour was injured again today (same one as before) but that was from random Twitter accounts and not the usual Brighton journalists, so I don’t know if it’s accurate.

Ill be completely honest I've not really seen the guy play apart from highlights. Tbh im unlikely to be going out of my way to watch Brighton unless gilmour is going to be playing.

But just looking at his career he's 31 and his previous club experience isn't exactly like he's a top player. He reads like he's a bit of a lower end of the league journeyman.

Im sure your right and he's playing well, but surely at this point in Gilmours career if he can't win that place in the team its time for some real concern.

33 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ill be completely honest I've not really seen the guy play apart from highlights. Tbh im unlikely to be going out of my way to watch Brighton unless gilmour is going to be playing.

But just looking at his career he's 31 and his previous club experience isn't exactly like he's a top player. He reads like he's a bit of a lower end of the league journeyman.

Im sure your right and he's playing well, but surely at this point in Gilmours career if he can't win that place in the team its time for some real concern.

Yeah fair enough, I just watch a lot of random English football. Tbf 🤣 

I think it’s just a really strong midfield tbh and though Gross looks like a weak link, I don’t get the impression that he is.

So I am not surprised Gilmour can’t get in, especially since they’ve been doing well. It is a shame for Gilmour and not great for him to not be playing. I’ll be interesting to see what happens in the summer, if Brighton lose all their midfielders and if he stays or goes.

19 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Give him a break ffs, Modric hadn't even been to Nandos by the age of 21.

He was playing for dinamo zagreg 

Playing every week,  getting better by the looks of it as led to move to spurs

He was playing every game for Croatia too

Edited by Binos

53 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Give him a break ffs, Modric hadn't even been to Nandos by the age of 21.

In fact,  he was player of the season 06-07 and captain 07-08

Ripping it up basically

Any comparison to him is pointless 

Edited by Binos

A player not playing gets far more comments than the Scottish players actually playing in the Premier League.

Gilmour is following the well worn path of Brighton signings being gradually bedded in (and unfortunately getting some minor issues). 

You can see the delight in some posters when he doesn't play though, how terribly sad.

On 12/03/2023 at 15:57, Binos said:

In fact,  he was player of the season 06-07 and captain 07-08

Ripping it up basically

Any comparison to him is pointless 

Zagreb were better back then but it wouldn't be all that different to playing for one of the old firm today. If Billy had chosen that move over Brighton people would have been tearing him a new one.

Still I think he might have been better for it given how he's going at the moment. Hope his luck changes and he finds some games soon.

44 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Zagreb were better back then but it wouldn't be all that different to playing for one of the old firm today. If Billy had chosen that move over Brighton people would have been tearing him a new one.

Still I think he might have been better for it given how he's going at the moment. Hope his luck changes and he finds some games soon.

Imo playing is better than not kicking a ball 

19 hours ago, Satoshi said:

A player not playing gets far more comments than the Scottish players actually playing in the Premier League.

Gilmour is following the well worn path of Brighton signings being gradually bedded in (and unfortunately getting some minor issues). 

You can see the delight in some posters when he doesn't play though, how terribly sad.

Perhaps his club manager is saving BG for international games?

If he’s good enough for the EPL he would be starting on a more regular basis.

He has been with an EPL club since he was 16. 

Many of us on here would absolutely love to see BG ripping up the EPL as one of the top stars but I guess we are starting to have some doubts as to whether he will. 

He certainly won’t improve if he’s not playing consistently in the EPL against top class opponents. Training will be at a good level but nothing beats competitive matches.

I really hope you are right @Satoshi

If Gilmour was playing regularly like, say, Robertson, Hickey or McKenna this thread would be empty. 

Bit sad, isn't it? 

Some posters would far rather complain about a player not playing and talk him down than praise those who are playing.

Why is that? What do you get out of it?

36 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

This thread has probably been at its most active during his best games/career highs. 

Yet the threads who have players playing well and frequently are inactive.

Why is that?

If Gilmour was playing regularly and at a decent level I reckon this thread would be virtually empty, because all the others are.

The two most commented on are Tierney and Gilmour because they aren't playing. Why do you think that is?

4 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Yet the threads who have players playing well and frequently are inactive.

Why is that?

If Gilmour was playing regularly and at a decent level I reckon this thread would be virtually empty, because all the others are.

The two most commented on are Tierney and Gilmour because they aren't playing. Why do you think that is?

Have you ever actually thought it's because in general people are concerned that two of our best players are not getting regular football and they concerned of the impact that has on the national team? 

Also I don't see people being critical of Gilmour or Tierney. Posts are reacting sarcastically to other posts on the thread. 

Just now, dundeefc1783 said:

Have you ever actually thought it's because in general people are concerned that two of our best players are not getting regular football and they concerned of the impact that has on the national team? 

Also I don't see people being critical of Gilmour or Tierney. Posts are reacting sarcastically to other posts on the thread. 

People are more concerned about players not playing so will comment on that, not when our players play well? Yeah, kinda my point. Why the obsession with the negative aspects of things? We have a decent crop of players at high level and have had two good qualification campaigns in a row, but this is hardly commented on, it's only when players aren't playing every week.

I've seen some pretty naive posts on this board but to believe that absolutely no one is being critical of the individuals, or deliberately trying to talk them down, and this is just sarcasm, is probably the most extreme example of this. There are very obviously posters who make only negative posts on this sub forum.