Billy Gilmour

Kuro

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

There's so many good football players in the squad just now.  Was really impressed with Porteous and Hendry's calmness playing it out.  Thought Hickey was in with a shout for MOTM, was outstanding as well.  His outside of the foot pass up the line in the second half was phenomenal.  Would say that team was close to our best starting 11 IMO.  Likes of McKenna and Hanley will/should struggle to get in the starting 11. 

Hickey has been fantastic, the odd lapse in concentration needless booking and one wild high backpass but otherwise he's confident, fast and does all aspects of his game well. I fancy he'll move to a bigger side soon, he's stepped ahead of Patterson who's been unlucky with injury. 

I think we've got to re-asses Gilmour's season in light of what was going on in his personal life. It seems like the whole stalking thing had a big effect on him. Really looks like a weight's been lifted off his shoulders since that's been resolved.

From now on, the only folk hiding in his garden will be Zidane and Xavi.

Gilmour's had a few games for Scotland where even when he's been really good in possession and rightly had plaudits for that, there've been question marks defensively around his positional sense and physical presence. No such issues last night, if anything his defensive work was even better than he was on the ball.

I haven't watched him at club level at all recently but if he's properly developing that side of his game now then it's a very encouraging sign, it could be the the final piece he needs in his game to properly establish himself as a starter at a high level.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Gilmour's had a few games for Scotland where even when he's been really good in possession and rightly had plaudits for that, there've been question marks defensively around his positional sense and physical presence. No such issues last night, if anything his defensive work was even better than he was on the ball.

I haven't watched him at club level at all recently but if he's properly developing that side of his game now then it's a very encouraging sign, it could be the the final piece he needs in his game to properly establish himself as a starter at a high level.

Slowly beginning to see some De Zerbi in his game maybe. Nothing but upside there for us tbf. 

43 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

There's so many good football players in the squad just now.  Was really impressed with Porteous and Hendry's calmness playing it out.  Thought Hickey was in with a shout for MOTM, was outstanding as well.  His outside of the foot pass up the line in the second half was phenomenal.  Would say that team was close to our best starting 11 IMO.  Likes of McKenna and Hanley will/should struggle to get in the starting 11. 

Porteous first choice at RCB ?

I think he has still a bit to learn.

McKenna seems to be second choice to Tierney

I do not know offhand how Hanley has fared against Haaland in the Premier League

3 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I do not know offhand how Hanley has fared against Haaland in the Premier League

Norwich aren't in the Premier League so i'd assume Hanley has never faced Haaland

5 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Hanley will be 32 by the end of the year and playing at the same level as Porteous so think Porteous will now be taking that spot IMO.  Him, Hendry and KT first choices with Souttar, Cooper, McKenna and Hanley backups.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Hanley will be 32 by the end of the year and playing at the same level as Porteous so think Porteous will now be taking that spot IMO.  Him, Hendry and KT first choices with Souttar, Cooper, McKenna and Hanley backups.

Folk have always underestimated Hanley. Still in the starting XI when fit for me.

If everyone were fit for the back three I'd be choosing Hendry and Porteous as more technical players primarily for the rcb slot, Hanley and McKenna as more meat and potatoes (not that I think they're big huddies but maybe less comfy taking it out) for the middle spot, and Tierney on his own for lcb as there's no one else who's shown he can do that specific job. 

On 22/01/2023 at 11:22, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I'll bet £10,000 that he ends up at Rangers in the English Championship this transfer window.

11 hours ago, Satoshi said:

The wall of shame.

In fact, the wall of shame could be hundreds of posts long given how badly so many posters got it.

Will they be willing to come on here and eat some humble pie? Let's wait and see.

Delighted for Billy yet again, excellent, confident performance.

Can't believe how ill-judged my prediction that Billy Gilmour would be playing for Rangers in the English Championship was.

Still, you must be gutted you didn't wager the 10 thou.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

2 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Can't believe how ill-judged my prediction that Billy Gilmour would be playing for Rangers in the English Chanpionship was.

He's young yet, he may still make it.

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Can't believe how ill-judged my prediction that Billy Gilmour would be playing for Rangers in the English Championship was.

I, correctly, judged that you wouldn't even have 10k in monopoly money.

Still, I feel an appropriate forfeit would to be stop spouting your dire predictions on this sub forum.

This forum would be better without the usual suspects constantly attacking our players.

He had a good game yesterday, gives us good control in the middle of the pitch and it was a good game for him to come into.

The team has lots of good midfield options depending on how what we need from the game. Gilmour, McGregor, McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Christie as well as Jack, McLean and Ferguson have all got minutes playing different midfield roles in the four games of this campaign so far.

Edited by 2426255