Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On 12/08/2023 at 16:32, Binos said:

Main man gone but wee billy still bench warming 

The manager does seem to rate him and see him as a big part of the team this season though, which has to be a good thing.

https://x.com/andynaylorbhafc/status/1690247992538730496?s=46

Edited by Jambomo

33 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Started and has had a brilliant first half for Brighton.

33 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Started and has had a brilliant first half for Brighton.

I know it’s not a great gauge, but currently top ranked Brighton player on player rater for today, considering March has scored two, it’s fairly impressive, hope he makes his shift at BK later. 

He was really excellent today. Made one of the March goals with a great ball over the top to Enciso, loads of nice forward passes and was also pretty good defensively. Played the whole ~100mins as well - at this rate he’ll have as many minutes as last season before the international break…..!

Brighton will still be looking for a Caicedo replacement - someone who revels in ball winning etc, but Billy has really put his hand up for that second spot in the pivot.

I watched the Brighton game - he was excellent both in and out of possession. 

If he is able to become a regular, this will be his first season of regular football - which will obviously be a huge test for him. I’m hoping this is now the start of him kicking on to fulfil his potential,  like I thought would happen a couple of years ago… 

I would like to see him begin to chip in with a couple of goals too when he takes up positions on the edge of the box, albeit Gross was further forward than him yesterday. 

On 20/08/2023 at 13:37, Jambomo said:

Saw this on twitter. Some lovely stuff from him yesterday

https://x.com/bhafchub_/status/1693220736637206820?s=46

Class. Those two reverse passes and the ball for the goal are absolutely superb.

As an aside, I didn’t watch the game so maybe unfair to base it purely on those clips, but Wolves look absolutely honking.  Quite a few players don’t look interested at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

While I might be biased, having long banged the drum for this kid, he’s been simply brilliant in the first half against Newcastle - Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton can’t get near him.

I think the days of him warming the bench in Brighton are over.

6 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

While I might be biased, having long banged the drum for this kid, he’s been simply brilliant in the first half against Newcastle - Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton can’t get near him.

I think the days of him warming the bench in Brighton are over.

Yep, totally running the show. I’d imagine there’ll still be a fair amount of rotation once their games start piling up (europa league, cups etc), but he seems to be setting himself up as one of the first names in their first 11. He seems to be putting himself about more and more physically, too, which is a great sign.

4 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Yep, totally running the show. I’d imagine there’ll still be a fair amount of rotation once their games start piling up (europa league, cups etc), but he seems to be setting himself up as one of the first names in their first 11. He seems to be putting himself about more and more physically, too, which is a great sign.

What's perplexed me a bit today, having read, heard and even had mentioned to me in conversation how much of a bargain 45 million is for James Maddison, is that even when the commentators are talking as they have been tonight about how good Gilmour is, no one mentions that 10 million for this kid who strolls about like fucking Xavi, is probably steal of the century.