Billy Gilmour

Kuro

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Someone, assumingly senior, at Chelsea decided to let Gilmour go on the cheap and keep Conor Gallagher.

Might be the worst judgement call of all time.

I am glad they did though. I think he’s much better off at Brighton and working under De Zerbi.

I doubt he’d have been developed half as well at Chelsea, they just don’t seem to give player development any time at all, if they don’t hit the ground running then they are out the team. 

14 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Someone, assumingly senior, at Chelsea decided to let Gilmour go on the cheap and keep Conor Gallagher.

Might be the worst judgement call of all time.

I suppose the thinking behind that was Gallagher had a great season at Crystal Palace and Gilmour had to endure a shit fest at Norwich. 

Things seem to be working out well though. He has worked hard, kept his head down, and taken the blows on the chin, instead of emptying the toys out of the pram.

It looks like he is going to be an important part of Brighton’s team this season. His star  is on the rise again. Good on him - he is a quality player.  

Also tbf to Chelsea Gilmour wasnt looking that promising physically either. I know hes young and he was always going to grow etc., but even teenagers down there are huge and are competing physically is probably the most physical league around. 

Hes definitely bulked up since moving to Brighton IMO, to the point he can use his body so much more, so presumably that was a Chelsea mistake too, though.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also tbf to Chelsea Gilmour wasnt looking that promising physically either. I know hes young and he was always going to grow etc., but even teenagers down there are huge and are competing physically is probably the most physical league around. 

Hes definitely bulked up since moving to Brighton IMO, to the point he can use his body so much more, so presumably that was a Chelsea mistake too, though.

You got international/EPL pie charts for him by any chance? His passing must be off the scale 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You got international/EPL pie charts for him by any chance? His passing must be off the scale 

Think from his time at Norwich, but not from this season or Internationals yet. 

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

billy.thumb.png.d330ac1d468b4f994ef62b7a8999697e.png

Gave them a lot in possession, but struggled defensively and in attack. Suspect virtually everything will go up this season.

Value figures show he was a better player than he looks due to playing in a poor team.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

billy.thumb.png.d330ac1d468b4f994ef62b7a8999697e.png

Gave them a lot in possession, but struggled defensively and in attack. Suspect virtually everything will go up this season.

Value figures show he was a better player than he looks due to playing in a poor team.

me in pub: Gilmour is decent but he needs to improve his aerial and ground disruption averages. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2023 at 12:29, Molotov said:

Did The Rangers ever place a % cut on any future transfers when BG was transferred to Chelsea?

Can see a top side going after Billy after he lifts the EURO2024 player of the tournament trophy! 😂 

Please let this happen. I, us lifting the trophy, not Rangers getting money.

Another excellent game yesterday, when he was one of only 2 players to keep his place from their midweek game in Europe.

We all know he can control games from deep but he got an assist yesterday with an excellent cross and assisted the assister for the second.

Think Brighton are pushing him forward to drift wide and create chances. Looks full of confidence too.

I watched the youtube highlights of the Brighton game and it seemed to me that if no-one had touched Gilmour's cross it would have gone in, so it should be Gilmour's goal, surely? And then Mitoma's first was going wide till the defender deflected it in, but that was credited to Mitoma.

19 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

I watched the youtube highlights of the Brighton game and it seemed to me that if no-one had touched Gilmour's cross it would have gone in, so it should be Gilmour's goal, surely? And then Mitoma's first was going wide till the defender deflected it in, but that was credited to Mitoma.

Yeah I wondered that as well. The touch off the defender was pretty slight tbh, and didn’t seem to change the flight of the ball much.

I have definitely seen goals that were much more obviously OG’s, not given as such but the goal given to the attacking player. 

On 28/09/2023 at 07:43, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

He will never score a senior goal.

My wee cousin used to play footy with him at school and doesn't recall him scoring there either.

Ironically enough, his last goal in football was excellent.  Scotland v South Korea - u21s

Burke also scored a goal in that game where he ran from his own half without once being in control of the ball.

Don't think Billy will ever be a great scorer (look at how few goals Xavi and Busquets got whilst being generational midfielders), but I reckon they'll start to come.