Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It is a bit of both - Dahoud has been suspended and along with injuries in the full back areas it has meant Gross has spent time at full back too. At the same time though, there are other players that can play at full back and Baleba has also been on the bench until the last couple of games. I think Dahoud is back this weekend so it wouldn’t be surprising to see Gilmour get rested. 

De Zerbi obviously likes to rotate so it can be hard to completely define it but Gilmour hasn’t been rotated out at all recently. I have only watched the last two games but Gilmour was very good. 

I was surprised to see Gilmour play against AEK Athens as well, because Dahoud was available for that and Gilmour has played a lot of games now. So seems that it’s not just because of injuries and suspensions.

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I was surprised to see Gilmour play against AEK Athens as well, because Dahoud was available for that and Gilmour has played a lot of games now. So seems that it’s not just because of injuries and suspensions.

Yeah, good point - I forgot that had happened! 

Watching the Golazo show and showed some utter filth from wee Billy at the start of a move.

Was the sort of position deep in the defensive half that you think "for the love of god - do not lose it". Composure to take it in and slide it through the pressuring players legs and in front of a team mate to run on to and get up the park.

a7031e8ce4a66c2aaafd87aca298290a.gif

31 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Watching the Golazo show and showed some utter filth from wee Billy at the start of a move.

Was the sort of position deep in the defensive half that you think "for the love of god - do not lose it". Composure to take it in and slide it through the pressuring players legs and in front of a team mate to run on to and get up the park.

He has been excellent tonight. 

Really starting to fulfil the promise we all saw when he first broke through - a special footballer. 

52 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

lovely stuff

The defensive side to his game was noticeably good tonight. Interceptions, clever tackles and even sticking the boot in and coming out on top. Adding that to his already good in possession play and he’s becoming a special player. Let’s hope he continues this trajectory, because since the international break he seems to have gone up a level.

Spoiler

He’s playing consistently at a higher level than Modric at the same age…

[runs for cover]

10 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I'm obviously biased but he's been the best player on the park tonight. Every good move they have starts from him. Even the goal, although the crucial pass comes from Gross

Yeah - I thought he was MOTM tonight. 

2 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

The defensive side to his game was noticeably good tonight. Interceptions, clever tackles and even sticking the boot in and coming out on top. Adding that to his already good in possession play and he’s becoming a special player. Let’s hope he continues this trajectory, because since the international break he seems to have gone up a level.

Reveal hidden contents

He’s playing consistently at a higher level than Modric at the same age…

[runs for cover]

Yeah - he made so many tackles and interceptions on top of everything else. An outstanding performance!

He was superb tonight, MOTM for me.  I also saw an interview with De Zerbi last week I think, where he was talking about how much he loves him and how he is becoming a great player. Good for him, he deserves the praise. 

The first half was one of the best performances I've seen from him and the second was very good, although he probably didn't see quite as much of the ball. 

12 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

100% pass completion tonight, apparently. Some boy.

Don't think this is true but it won't have been far off. 

ETA: Just watched his interview on TNT where they mentioned it too. He definitely shanked one out in the second half, but Adingra must have got a touch just before it went out of play. 

Edited by accies1874